Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2010
    inderdaad krukev ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthormikebozzio
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2010
    I don't know if it was discussed before, but I think would be really helpful if we had a "REPOST" button in our rejecteds shots. It could have a countdown for the 2 weeks wait. And keep the shouts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorholynoise
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2010
    I like that idea!
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    I like that too
    •  
      CommentAuthorenerg
    Me three!

(Always wanted to say that, now was the chance)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2010 edited
    Delete
  1.  permalink
    Love the "click to show the Favers" thing ! Nice improvement !
    • CommentAuthorLisanne
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2010
    Where is the bar where you can enter the title of the movie of the snapshot? For several hours it has disappeared now, but we can see that others are able to solve snapshots.

Who can help us?
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2010 edited
    should work again but your internet browser is outdated.

try using firefox http://www.mozilla.com
    or google chrome http://www.google.com/chrome
    • CommentAuthorLisanne
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2010
    The problem solved itself...without updating the internet browser.... it just magically (re)appeared....

But thanks for the suggestion!
    • CommentAuthordekolta
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2010
    My problem with Chrome is that it doesn't remember the shots. What I mean is I click next shot all the time. And then sometimes I think oh wait I knew that one and I click back. With firefox I go to the last shot, but with Chrome I get back to my first link of whatthemovie which is very annoying. I therefore use Firefox although Chrome is faster.
    • CommentAuthoranestie
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2010
    some problems and suggestions.

First:

The autofill doesn't work if you enter the title and its wrong. I mean, when you first try to solve a shot and you start typing you see a suggestion of movies you've already tried in the past. If your guess is wrong and you get the X in the box, then the autofill doesn't work anymore.

Second:

I want Private Messaging to be enabled, because i really want to ask some people about their snapshot, something very specific and i don't want to reveal infromation. That happened to me alot cause sometimes you go through peoples profiles where somebody said something along the lines: oh that Matrix shot you posted #99999 is awesome. Well, sometimes you don't know the movie and you get to solve it by accident.

Third:

I want a back to the top button for monthly overview.

Fourth:

Advanced filtering. For instance: i'm a fool when it comes to solving animation. Don't show animations, Don't show black and white, Don't show gore, Don't show nudity. These four pretty much capture both censoring and preference, at least for me. This can be done either by a moderator or by the user before uploading. If it's neither of them you click the neither of the options is applicable to my shot. Or if the user cannot do that, a moderator can do it for us.

Fifth:

Make that random snapshot more random. Please, it's impossible to get the same snapshot i got 3 clicks ago! And it seems that after 50 random snapshots, i see 10 snapshots which are the same.

Sixth:

Iphone version of wtm? i don't know how difficult it is and how many people do use iphones but i thought it'd be cool to have an iphone friendly wtm.

Seventh:

Arrow navigation. Please please please! :)

Eighth:

Fix that show only unsolved shots option. :P

That's all i had to suggest and report! :)
    • CommentAuthoranestie
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2010 edited
    oh and Ninth: I hate it that i always have to put captcha before i can see if my title has any slots available. Cause sometimes i have to enter 10 captchas just to know that there's no slot for my movie.

Tenth: Make a reply button to the comments. I hate that i have to write @ everytime and copy paste the name if it's hard. and some people don't know the @ is the only way to actually reply to someone, so you actually never see if anyone has wrote anything about you or is talking to you. So if there's a reply button under each comment would be very helpful.
    • CommentAuthoranestie
    +

i don;t know if that's the right topic to discuss that, but one of my snapshots was selected for a sidequest, eyes, and then it disappeared forever from the movies' page. I tried to upload a snapshot from that movie again and i couldn't find my other snapshot that i had posted before the sidequest selection. Any ideas on that?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    First: I have no problem with that, works fine here. Could you give more information to browser & OS?
    Second: Be patient.
    Third: Look on your keyboard and see a button called "Home"
    Fourth: Be patient.
    Fifth: Be patient.
    Sixth: Who knows.
    Seventh: Be patient.
    Eight: Be patient.
    Ninth: Pity, but that is why captcha is there, to discourage people from trying half of imdb to see which movies have slots in last week.
    Tenth: Good idea.

+: Do you remember which shot it was?

Also, sorry to say, but you sound a bit spoiled "I want, I want, fix this, do that.". I am sure this is not meant on purpose to be rude or something, just a tip for future posts to phrase it a bit more kindly :) Remember what the creators already have done for us all!
    • CommentAuthoranestie
    @asmodai

when i say i want, it means that's what i would like to see, therefore that's what i want. i just cut down to the chase, plus it's how we talk where i live--it has nothing to do with being demanding or rude.
    by phrasing anything nicely as you did: "You sound a bit spoiled..." doesn't really mean anything else -- you are calling me spoiled but nicely, but that doesn't really change the meaning of what you said. It's actually worse to say something nicely where in fact it's something else one wants to say. Anyway...

Third: Some people have Mac computers. Home, we don't have on our keyboard.

Ninth: Who in their right mind would try all movies from IMDB just to see what movie is available? and if that's the case, which i doubt, what's the problem with that as well?

+ It was an eye shot, from Flame & Citron, with some people as a reflection appearing in the eye.

Peace
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    "Ninth: Who in their right mind would try all movies from IMDB just to see what movie is available? and if that's the case, which i doubt, what's the problem with that as well? "
    Bots. Bots do it. And we don't want bots to push real people out of the Hall of Fame.
    Plus it's a game. And that'd be cheating. That's why this feature is here : to prevent that.
    • CommentAuthoranestie
    ohhh i see. i thought we were talking about people doing that, sorry! thanks for clarifying this MisterZob
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    @anestie
    Your snapshot taken for the contest did not desapear for ever from the movie page, when the contest will start, it will show again. Contest shots are now showing on the movie page together with the other shots
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    First: Browser issue. Won't fix.
    Second: Intentionally left out.
    Third: Macs have a Home-key, also three finger swipe on the touchpad.
    Fourh: On our todo-list
    Fifth: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randomness#Misconceptions.2Flogical_fallacies
    Sixth: Maybe later
    Seventh: What?
    Eigth: todo
    Ninth: That's there intentionally
    Tenth: We'll consider it
    • CommentAuthoranestie
    @tliff: the arrow navigation is when one can use the arrows from the keyboard to navigate fast through a slideshow of pictures. press right arrow for the next snapshot and left arrow for the previous snapshot. something along these lines.

the three finger swipe is for the old macbooks. the new ones, the three finger swipe when used in a browser are for previous and next page. anyway, is not that big of a deal, i just thought it was easy to put.

and sorry if anyone else thought i was demanding these or i was being rude. i was just suggesting and that's why i was using smileys and everything.
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    i mean swipe up and down, try it, it works
    • CommentAuthordekolta
    Well, private messaging should indeed not be here. People could send each other answers of their movies, and you can't check cheating.

About the random that's true. I select easy & medium and I get the same shots all the time. I still have to solve a lot, so the chance is to low I get 3 out of 10 the same. Maybe it can happen once, but not much of the time.

You can refer to wikipedia and 'due', but maybe you should made it that if it is already shown it shouldn't be within next 100 clicks or something (or maybe 10%). I know random is normally based on time, but I really have seen better random features.
    Then you remove it from the 'stack' (to stay with the deck on wikipedia).
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    It could be nice with a feature where you could see all shots solved +200 or something like that in Feature Film :)! Or sort the shots in feature films after shots
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2010
    Cool that you can see snapshots from the vault on the movie pages now :D! Great
  2.  permalink
    I love that feature that shows who faved my snaps. No more wondering to whom I could smile for liking thingies I post. Really really like that.

About private messages, I kinda like them - if you don't wanna just talk about the snapshots all day long you can send a message to a friend and ask how's everything going. I haven't been using messenger or stuff like that, so IRC and PM are the ways I can chat to ppl from here.

I think the replacement thing was an awesome thing also. I wish I could push a button and replace my old DVDs too xD for newer versions with decent widescreen and sharper image. Even better that you can check out who uploaded the image and who changed it, so everyone's credited, and kinda feels like teamworking :)
    • CommentAuthorninka
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2010
    What I would LOVE in WTM 2.5 is to see who has favourited my shot. :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2010 edited
    you're a few weeks too late, this is already implemented. Just click on the heart below your shot.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    I think this feature is for Supporters only.
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    And it doesn't work for me, just gives a question mark, I use IE8...
  3.  permalink
    It's dodgy for me, it works most of the time but sometimes I just get the question mark too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    Same here, and one time I could see the favorites on someone else's shot :P
    • CommentAuthorninka
    Doesn't work for me neither!
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    ninka, from what I see you're not a WTM Supporter. Then it's normal it doesn't work for you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2010
    since 2 days the site has been very slow for me. Anybody else got the same problem?
  4.  permalink
    It's changing from time to time. One day it's extremely fast en then it's slow for a day. Don't know if it's the site or something else.
  5.  permalink
    Can't say I've had any problems with that, really.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2010
    yesterday, when browsing through the feature films by constantly pressing the next button, i suddenly went to the Vault (Four elements quest). No idea when it happened though,
    so can't give any details.
    • CommentAuthormagdanml
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2010
    Sometimes that happend with sidequest shots. Shots are taken from FF so while browsing through ff vault shots are shown in a place that they were before they were taken to sideques. And when you reach shot from sidequest pressing next button take you to another vault shot, not ff. I think I was clear enough :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010
    cristal
  6.  permalink
    Golden Restrictions Palahniuk's Era.
  7.  permalink
    Hahahaha
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010
    what's wrong with cats?
  8.  permalink
    Don't worry! I'm gonna add donkeys and monkeys.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfnick
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2010
    Another thread made me ask myself why rejected shots are not listed at the respective movie page. Sounds crazy, cause they were rejected, i know. So of course they should not be listed within the pretty, adorable shots that made it all the way to the FF.

But there could be a link just like on the users pages that gives you an overview of all rejected shots of the movie. The advantage would be, that you could watch a movie, take some snapshots and when it comes to decide which one you want to upload you could check if a similar shot was earlier rejected (maybe even several times) and decide for yourself if you want to give it another try or go with some fresh, never posted snapshot.

I see no danger of spoiling anything cause nobody will check all movie pages just to find a shot that was posted before. The rejected shots at the users pages are much more likely to be misused.

And sorry for interrupting the comments on P's indeed very funny picture. Go on!
    • CommentAuthorlnatbnf
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2010
    I tried to fix one of my mistakes on the movie page of "Little women" : the date isn't 1994 but 1949 and the imdb link isn't the good one. But the corrections aren't saved.
    What can I do ?
    As a "Set decorator", I should be able to do that, isn't it ?

http://whatthemovie.com/movie/little_women+1994/info

Is someone can help me ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2010
    I think you just uploaded the shot under the wrong version.

There are 2 little women films, one for 1994 and one in 1949. Looks like you just uploaded a shot from the 1949 version to the 1994 one. And now the imdb link for the 1994 version has the link to the 1949 version, I'll fix that :x

Neither film entries are incorrect, you just uploaded to the wrong one :)
  9.  permalink
    Is it just me who feels that it might be an idea to exclude the top solvers in a contest, say the 5 best scoring people or so, from being included in the ratings for the next contest? Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge anyone their well-earned high rankings, but it can tend to work slightly off-putting if you know pretty much before the contest even starts you'll never ever be able to overtake those few solving machines, no matter how hard you try. Just a thought!
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2010
    It's one of the ideas I'm toying with.. I have some ideas to make the contests a bit more interesting/varied, but I'll put it all down when I have time off (read: after my exams in 3 weeks ;))
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2010 edited
    so there is a chance you are not competing in a contest asmodai :)