Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2009 edited
    Today we launched WTM2.5
    Check the latest blogpost at http://blog.whatthemovie.com for some insights

If you have problems, questions or suggestions, feel free to post here.
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2009
    first thing I noticed, under "organize your movies", the page http://whatthemovie.com/movies gives me an error 500
    the improvements look interesting, I'll browse it a bit now :)
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    although it gave me an error-message when doing so, I succesfully assigned an existing snapshot to a character (http://whatthemovie.com/movie/terminator_2_judgment_day/character/72)
    this is going to be fun :)
    • CommentAuthorfabster
    i really like how the frontpage shows me the new submissions and ff shots since my last visit. useful stuff. the "tales of interest" are an awesome idea aswell.

concerning the "dvd shelf": don't think it's a good idea for people to add their dvd collections to their profiles. if youre patient enough, you could just go through the dvd collection of a snapshot poster to solve the shot.

and where did the ticket numbers on the user profiles go? i was always kinda "proud" to be no. 235 :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    cant see my profile (yet), very curious about the statistics. Further, great job again guys! And Happy NewYear!
    • CommentAuthorfabster
    suggestion: could you probably move the "search thingy" up to the top in the "dvd shelf". it's kinda anoying to scroll down all the time. :D

i took a snapshot to make clear what i mean:

[http://www.abload.de/img/dvdshelf8oxn.jpg]
    •  
      CommentAuthorRacetrack
    i am amazed... first bug report though :-) the "shout rocks"/"shout is crap" doesn't work
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    is it possible to transfer the "movies you have seen" from wtm2 over to the shelf? they are still visible under my bookmarks (the long list), but I don't really feel like adding them all once more ^^

I really like seeing the new shouts on your shots on the home page, that way you won't be able to miss them anymore, same with the recent snapshots

I also like the new stats like the average rating of my shots, and the average favorites. would be nice to see the highest (and maybe lowest) rating and most favorites, too
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    Overall it's looking great, awesome job. I'll wait with my bug reports until the major issues have been fixed, because I see you have enough work to do right now :p
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    Great job guys (and girls?).
    My statistics are weird: "Your Snapshots received an overall Rating of 6.51 and were favourited an average 0.00 times."
    The overall rating looks quite low, and I'm sure that my shots have been favourited more than 0 times :)
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    @Agonistes, if you have seen a movie, it doesn't mean your own the dvd, that's different I think :)
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    there are three options though, "I own this movie", "I have watched this movie" and "I plan to watch this movie"
    • CommentAuthorlieven
    When I go to my bookmarked snapshots they're displayed all vertically stacked without any separation between them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    Is it possible to upload own covers to WTM?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    And efji, I think that the favourited average only shows 0,1,2 favourites, cause mine says that the average favourite is 2.00
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    @razz
    not yet, we'll look into it
  1.  permalink
    I think most of the changes look really great. And I don't see too much bugs.

Anyway, I can't see the DVD shelf on my profile.

Also, the navigation arrows in my Feature Films uploads doesn't work.

Can we still see our rejected snapshots??
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    maybe if you uploaded a lot in wtm1, the average is low, as there was no scoring back then?
  2.  permalink
    Don't you think we should see if our uploads remain unsolved?? You could put the red light under it...
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    I noticed that the solved shots are a bit overrated :-) is that going to be corrected? Or is it a present?
    Happy New Year!
    • CommentAuthoraliocha
    Great update guys!

But would it be possible to transfer "All the movies you've seen" to the "Has watched" on The Shelf?

Also, I cannot find the button to mark a movie as seen on the new movie page...
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    Agree with JohannaP, It says that i Have about 4,5k FF soles and 9 k overall solves, I think I have 5,5 k overall solves or something like that
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    The "rejected snapshots" section have disapeared. I think it was helpful to remember the shots you already posted and avoid the reposts.
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    @ercavalcanti: the rejected snapshots can be found if you click "snapshots" on your profile (on top of the page, next to "profile") and then click "rejected snapshots" under categories on the right hand side

@aliocha: I haven't found a button on the movie page either, however you can add them by searching for a movie in your shelf, and then checking the "I have watched this movie" field. I currently have 1246 movies in my "movies you have seen" though, so I don't want to do that 1246 times. :D an automatic transfer would be nice
    •  
      CommentAuthorkaylua
    I still can't access my profile...

I think we have a problem because I changed my login from camilapilla to kaylua, I can't even log ...
    • CommentAuthorTerry5
    can't still access my profile ....but the undersides works
    •  
      CommentAuthormikebozzio
    The arrows in the box "Your Feature Films" on the home-logged page it's not working for me (tried with Chrome and firefox).
  3.  permalink
    @agonistes I thought the main page was my profile. My mistake!
    • CommentAuthorOberstKlink
    The new design and features are great. Good job guys!

The page seems to be a bit slower than usual, especially loading user profiles.

The DVD shelf is a neat idea but I fear it provides an opportunity for "cheating", as fabster said.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbubblemilk
    Great job, guys! It's looking great.

As for bugs, I can't browse through my DVD shelf. So far I filled in 3 pages, but I only have access to the first one :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    For what I have seen, the update looks really great. However, I can't access my profile page. Everytime I try it gives me an intermission page. Only the options of my profile seem to work:(
  4.  permalink
    Where have my rejected snapshots gone? I don't see them in the overview on my page, are they gone entirely or just hidden away somewhere?

Edit: After some browsing, the rest looks pretty fucking nifty. Thumbs up!
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2010
    I can't upload! The process stops after step 3 (and I'm quite sure I'm human...)
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    By the way: I LOVE the changes!!!!
  5.  permalink
    Same as JohannaP for the upload, although I did upload Start and End Screens with no problem at all.

I'm also getting Error 404 for associating shots to characters, although it works sometimes.

The link for the chat is directing to the supporters page.

But it's gorgeous and you did an awesome work. Happy new year for you, guys!
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    our caching solution did not handle the more detailed user stats very well. it worked fine in beta but did not scale to the live site. i disabled them for now and inaccessible profile should be accessible now. if you still can't get to your profile, speak up.
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    looks great guys

by the way not all the dvd covers working yet
    • CommentAuthorappleerwin
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2010 edited
    I also can't upload (it stops after step 3). I tried it with Apple Safari and Firefox. Awesome and titles upload work fine.
    • CommentAuthorTerry5
    ^i had the same probleme with the upload......but it is possible that the movie is already postet,then it stops after captcha,without any Message
  6.  permalink
    @Terry5: that could be the case.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    The vault contest pictures are showed very odd, where the chat are:) http://whatthemovie.com/vault/7
    • CommentAuthorIlse
    Happy New Year everybody, let's make it a great WTM-year (again).

Great job guys, I love the changes very much.

I also love the fact I suddenly have about 900 solves more!!! How is that possible?
  7.  permalink
    About the upload, I've been trying to upload the same shot for some days and it always said there were no available slots for this movie. I guess this is the case, but instead of displaying a message it just stops. Because I uploaded yesterday a scene from other movie less popular with no problems.
    • CommentAuthorAntituur
    Nice work, guys! The main aim seems to be to make it possible to learn more about specific titles - which is great.

One question. I introduced three new movies without uploading stills, in order to be able to put them on my 'Favourite Movies' shelf. That didn't succeed - they first showed up, but disappeared after refreshing. Is that a bug, or is the idea that favourite movies can only refer to titles that have stills in WTM?
    I now, by the way, put the newly introduced movies on my 'Owned' shelf - but that is technically a lie. ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    I think it would be nice to get some bucks for uploading character and title pictures:)! Or else I believe not many will do it, or maybe I'm wrong.!
    Edit: You are still seeing your own shots when you press the "Random easy snapshot" buttom :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    it seems submissions are not pushed through to FF for some time now....
    •  
      CommentAuthorRacetrack
    agree, pspan... i think for approx. 14 hours
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    Now there has been a shot pushed through again :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    First of all, i have to say the new layout looks great. Congrats on the magnificent update.
    I do have some questions
    I can no longer see my vault shots(contest shot) on my profile page. Is this because the contest finished, or can you no longer see these stills on your profile page.
    And on the homepage, there is this little box with you snapshots. I can only see one, as the browse button doesn't work. Using firefox.
    • CommentAuthorrevani
    as forerunner already said, it all looks great! works great and is great! i love it!
    i love the new shelf idea, and i think it would be much easier if you could put movies on your watched/owned/want to see shelf from the movie page itself, since there is no possibility now ( couldn't find any )