Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.  permalink
    Hey guys!

I was wondering what you think about revealing the 5 highest rated shots at the end of every month on the main page? Might be an additional encouragement to upload some gems, or just a way to please the general curiosity.

Any feedback would be welcome! :)
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2010
    Nice idea!
  2.  permalink
    Or possibly a good way to get five Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean-shots in one convenient place.
    • CommentAuthorstuken
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2010
    thought about a snapshot of the month, according to the sotd it should be the highest rated one... (maybe you get an awesome upload as reward or a kind of that) this could go further with snapshot of the year e.g. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2010
    I thought about that, too. I noticed some shots really taking off when in FF while they were doing ok in NS. So it would be really nice to see a snapshot of the month. However, a problem might be the different time a shot is in FF during one month. So it would probably best to take only shots into account which already are in the archive. To determine the SotM you would take all shots which went into the archive in the last month.
    It would also be nice to have an overview page for the SotDs. Now it's only possible with tags which isn't reliable.