Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorPetta
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010
    Hello fellow WTM-ers,

Everytime i see snapshot of the day, i think, why is this the snapshot. I don't think this was today's best snapshot. Why don't the WTM admins make a new button next to the solution button titeled: vote for snapshot of the day. And then at the end of the day, the snapshot with the most votes that day, becomes the snapshot of the day.
    What do y'all think??

Feedback pwease.
    • CommentAuthorjeroenvdl
    Agree.
    •  
      CommentAuthortliff
    because the shots are in feature films a different amount of time
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2010 edited
    why make a new button/function to determine something, which can also be determined with existing methods (like the votes or the possibility to favourite)
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    Remember the shot is there because it's the shot the community as a whole voted the highest and/or favourited the most. You may disagree with it, but its the community that have decided. If there was a "button" as you suggested, those same people who voted it highest above others, will be hitting that button for the same shot too :) Nothing will change.
    • CommentAuthorLeonardoS
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2010
    Is it automatically choosen?
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2010
    Yes Leo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2010
    Congrats Pinokio for getting picture of the day with a shot that only has 6 solves!!

http://whatthemovie.com/shot/58358

Beautiful shot
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    Fully agree on that with themOOch. Great still, Congrats Pinokio
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    and a beautiful movie, it's sad that I only got the second solve :P!
  1.  permalink
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2010
    maybe an idea
    one awesome upload for the snapshot of the day
    • CommentAuthorbazzy3000
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010
    sorry myst.. but bad idea...
    •  
      CommentAuthornaut
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2010
    i like it
    •  
      CommentAuthorpspan
    i dont
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    why ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    well, it is a kind of honour to have a snapshot of the day. If people are against an Awesome Upload, why not give them a memorabilia?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Memorabilia is a bit much, because there will be a snapshot of the day for each day, so as many memorabilia. Not very special. You could add it to the profile, next to the amount of first solves?
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2010
    Where can you see the number of first solves??? I'm looking for it for a long time, but I was never able to find it...
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2010
    Its coming very soon in an impending update.
    • CommentAuthorMallemout
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2010 edited
    Hmmmm, I would like some clarification on snapshot of the day. I was really hoping to get snapshot of the day with #76453 but theNarrator got it with #76581 (is a great shot though, gratz Narrator). Then I looked at the score and noticed mine had a higher rating than theNarrator so then I figured snapshot of the day is based on more then just overall score. Is there some kind of formula to determine snapshot of the day (I kinda figure there is) and may we know it? I'm rather curious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2010
    Favourites are also taken into consideration. Not sure if it is really a good idea to give the exact equation as certain individuals recently have abused and manipulated their shots to get SotD.
    • CommentAuthorMallemout
    That is a big bummer, always like to see the equation (I am a student in electrical engineering, can't help it ;) ). O well, guess I'll have to keep trying hard to get that snapshot of the day, one day I'll make it. Getting 8+ is encouraging :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    Yeah it was very close today. You only lost out on a couple of favourites.
  2.  permalink
    Thanks, Mallemout. I like your shot as well. The question you asked was a good one!
    • CommentAuthorRubens83
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2010
    I don't get the concept fully. When is the day over? Everybody uploads their shot on a different time plus there are different timezones? Somebody enlighten me please ;)
    • CommentAuthorpqoi
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2010
    Very good idea !
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2010
    I have also a question about it. An awesome shot can be a snapshot of the day or it's only for new submissions ?

cheers.
  3.  permalink
    As far as I know, an Awesome Upload can't be SotD.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2010
    Thank you.
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2020
    OK - I didn't mind or say anything not getting "Snapshot of the day" even if being higher in rating by 0.01, 0.02 or a little more points - but 7.52 (SotD) vs 7.69 (me)? - Bummer. :-(
    No favs involved.
    • CommentAuthorLeonardoS
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2020 edited
    I feel you, it happened to me a few times, which would be enough to create a tag "almost SotD" lol.

Last time I had one with the higher score but less votes than the SotD, no favs involved. So I think there are a lot of variables that influences.

But it is frustrating when it happens :P

Ciao.