Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthoragonistes
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2010
    Thanks @JohannaP and @siren34
    luckily I got them all when they were originally released and didn't have to pay the secondary market prices :)
  1.  permalink
    I haven't got any fancy collector cases, nor do I have giant massive stacks of DVDs, but I have a fair few, they're all mine, and I love them. There's probably about two dozen DVDs missing from the pictures because people have borrowed those.

And if you don't like it, you can take it up with my buddy Pinhead.

He doesn't kid around.

• CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2010 edited
    Finally my dvds are happy. They have been in boxes since February :( but now I can finally look at them EVERY DAY!

if you think that soon I wont have any space, think twice :)

I will make some close ups when I have some time :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2010
    As I'm stuck at home with terrible man-flu at the moment, I finally took some decent shots of my DVD collection

http://m00ch.wordpress.com/dvd-collection/

Not great, but getting better all the time.
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    Great collection! Great site!
    Get well soon, a man-flu is terrible!
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    heh thank you Johanna. I'm sure I'll make a speedy recovery :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    Yeah thanks for the view m00ch:)!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2010 edited
    Nice collection m00ch. Many great titles, and a nice variety. Taking pictures of ones DVD collection is not easy. The dvd-cases reflect the light and then you can't read the titles properly. But your pictures were very good :-)

Nice to see another person who owns the Hammer Horror box by the way :-)

I'll try and upload some new pictures of my collection soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2010
    It's been seven months since I last took pictures of my "collection", so here's some new ones.

• CommentAuthorJohannaP
    This must be what heaven looks like :-)))
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    Woah - I hope you have insurance Bob, would cost a fortune to replace all those. Amazing collection.
    • CommentAuthorlovelyT
    @themOOch and @ZomBeeBob: Wow, impressive!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    @JohannaP: Not heaven, but pretty close to it if you are a movie fan :-)

@them00ch: I have a house insurance, but not a specific insurance on the movie collection. The main reason that I took new pictures now is that I'm actually heading down to my insurrance company to talk to them.

@lovelyT: Thanks :-)
    • CommentAuthorShayah
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2010
    I know I'm a bit off topic, but as we were talking about insurance just above...

I still have no picture of my DVDs as they're still in boxes, but I have a question and maybe someone here can help me.
    I recently moved from France and I'm now living in the French West Indies. I didn't take many things with me but I kept the main part of my collection and I'm wondering if the very high hygrometry here could be a problem.
    During the month of september for example, according to the forecasts, the hygrometry will fluctuate between 83 and 92% and the temperature between 28 and 32°C.

Is there a risk of deterioration for my beloved DVDs? If yes, does somebody know a way to prevent it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2010 edited
    @ Shayah

I think the worst that would happen is some moisture on your discs if they are kept in a constant humid environment. Might damage any cardboard / paper in the packaging over time, but the discs will be fine. Just make sure they are properly dry before you put them in the player! :)

edit: A certain naughty 2 year old little boy put one of my DVDs in hot bath water once. Must have been in there a good 15 minutes before we noticed. Packaging was ruined, disc was - and still is - fine. You cant get much more humid than a hot bath!
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2010
    As far as I know, the humidity won't harm the dvd's very much (as long as they are good quality originals, no cheap discs that you burnt yourself). If you are unsure, it might be a nice trick to put a few grains of rice in each case (making sure they don't scratch the discs of course), which can take up some of the water in the air.
  2.  permalink
    Asmoday is MacGyver!
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2010
    Well, yes, you can ductape them too of course!

Disclaimer: Any people who actually try this stupid idea had it coming, I am not responsible for people trusting me.
  3.  permalink
    Last time people didn't trust you they ended up getting killed...
    "it's just a harmless little *bunny*, isn't it?"
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    I am also not responsible for people *not* trusting me.
    • CommentAuthorShayah
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2010 edited
    OK guys, thanks for your answers, I'm quite relieved now. But I'll try to ductape a few rice grains to be really sure. And get a few carrots for the killer rabbit, prevention is better than cure...
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    The rice grains actually will work ;)
  4.  permalink
    I've just started collecting DVD (and VHS!)

(slightly out of picture - first shelf: Harvey, Second shelf: Syndromes and a Century)

•  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2010
    Nice "Collection-Start" lackofselfcontrol :-)

I hate it when the distributors decide that they have to translate the titles of movie. Why call the movies "Alla helgons blodiga natt" when the name of the movie is "Halloween". We never translate the titles of music albums so why do it with movies. It's just stupid.
  5.  permalink
    What's a VHS ?
    :-D
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2010
    It's like a DVD, but with more space on it, cause it's bigger.
    Stands for: Very Huge Storage
    • CommentAuthorfabster
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2011
    Here we go again:

And this is where i solve my shots ;)

• CommentAuthorAntituur
    • CommentTimeSep 24th 2011
    I have a dvd collection related question. Where do you guys find good information on new dvd releases? I always seem to end up on sites like Rotten Tomatoes or Moviefone, which have up to date information, but these sites are maintained by people who hardly take interest in anything that's not coming from Hollywood.

Does anyone know a site that has decent information on dvd releases in, say, Korea, Argentina and Finland?