Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010 edited
    As the title say....

I will start with two and if anyone knows where to find these, I promiss I will push your shots through (ok: this was a joke :) )

Songs of the second floor from Roy anderson: there was a time last year when it was possible to find it but now, impossible, I have looked everywhere. Amazon says it isn't available, I have tried other sellers, they all reply to me that the movie isn't available anymore :(
    It is strange because his other movie (You, the living) is everywhere and it isn't old or anything :(

Kin-Dza-Dza
    I searched for years :(
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000063CU9/imdb-button/ it is there, but I dont understand Japanese. And a Russian movie subtitled in Japanese, well that could be fun :) but no

Anyone can help?

Post here what you can't find and let's help each other :)

Edit: I'm not looking into the second hand option just yet.... ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010 edited
    Great idea for a thread Chrisy.

Weird that "Songs of the second floor" should be so hard to get hold of. I remember seeing it in DVDshops here in Norway before Christmas.. I'll have a look around and see if I can spot it somewhere around :-)

And we are on the subject I might ad that I'm looking for this movie:

House of the Long Shadows: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085693/

I don't think it have been made avaible on DVD, but Amazon have had it for "pre-order" for some time now with no adition info added, so there might be hope.

Edit: I've sent an Email to the company behind "Songs From the Second Floor" to try and get some info directly from them Chrisy. Fingers crossed
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2010
    Chrisy:

http://www.moviemail-online.co.uk/film/52398/Songs-From-The-Second-Floor/?utm_source=fr1

Never used them before, so I can't vouch for them. And its a region 1 DVD. Don't know if its any help. Region 2 copies seem to be going for around 50pounds second hand!
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    I know ZomBeeBoz, I saw it in Holland too last year, that's even more frustrating, I should have bought it then :(
    But a Scandinavian like you might have more luck :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    ZomBeeBoz :-) I like that.. haha... I'll hope to have an answear by the morning
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    thanks mooch I haven't tried that one but I have tried other sellers, the dvd showed on their site as well and then they send me a mail saying it isn't available. And yes it is only the region 1. I dont mind that too much, will give it a try with this one too
    Second hand... mmm yes dont know, too recent movie so there is still hope they will get a new nice version out or something. And I can't resign my self, I want them new :)
    • CommentAuthorfabster
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010
    You could try SubDvd.com for "Songs from the second floor". Just search for "Sånger från andra våningen" on the left side where it says "Sök". It says on the DVD's page that they've got 3 units for immediate dispatch in stock. It's friggin' expensive, though. Would cost you around 27 Euros, including EU-shipping.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010
    @Chrisy: Just received a mail from Sandrew Metrodome and they confirmed that the movies is Out of print, so the R2 can be hard to get hold of.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2010 edited
    :( as I thought
    Thanks for looking anyway
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010
    I'm searching desperately for a copy of London after midnight!

OK, just kidding, but I am really searching for Kusturica's "time of the gypsies". I can find the odd hungarian/romanian copy here and there but I cannot seem to find one with English subs. It's discontinued and out of print now, so it would have to be second hand copy, but I would be happy with that.

If anyone can find it, or would be willing to sell me theirs, I would be eternally grateful. Price not primary concern, within reason.

ps. I found a copy on ebay which is quite obviously pirated :) would like an actual real dvd if possible ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorenerg
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    Cheers energ, but I assume they are English dubbed. I really only want a original language, with English subs :( I know they existed once , just hard to track down!
    •  
      CommentAuthorenerg
    Yeah I thought you might want that.. I'll keep an eye out for you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    thanks man
    • CommentAuthorBernieLomax
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010 edited
    If you want 'Sånger från andra våningen', in swedish language with english subtitles. You can try, www.subdvd.com (as mentioned earlier) think they have a 30 percent discount at the moment. Or you could try www.papercutshop.se, you can e-mail them at info@papercutshop.se.

Might be a little expensive, but it's a great movie.
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    Yes I have seen it already and it's great indeed, that's why I want to have it :)
    Thanks for the tip
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2010
    I'm looking for the movie Angst from Gerald Kargl
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0165623/
    It is on Amazon.de but not subtitled
    In France it is known under the title Schizophrenia

Anyone knows where to find the dvd of this awesome movie?
    •  
      CommentAuthorenerg
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2010 edited
    It is a masterpiece, an intense and thrilling experience ;) the camera work, the atmosphere, the acting, eveything is awesome in this movie. But as many, despite its cult status, it is very hard to find, they finally made a dvd last year but I have the feeling there is only a german version :(

Edit: Actually no, I see they made a spanish version http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0165623/board/nest/64023547
    Must exist in France, it is a bit known among the cinephils I believe, would be strange if it wasn't released there :(
    •  
      CommentAuthorenerg
    Yeah I found that one too http://www.zonadvd.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5749
    But it's in castillian and german with castillian subs.
    •  
      CommentAuthor0
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2010 edited
    @Chrisy
    From what I know, this movie has only been released on DVD in germany and spain. The german edition doesn't have any subtitle, and the spanish one have only spanish subtitles.
    http://www.epix.de/50355098150e9e23f/50355098150e9f646.html
    http://www.zonadvd.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5749

It was to be released in the US by Barrel Entertainment but as far as I know, they never released the DVD.
    It has not been released in France either, except on VHS. Studio Canal unsuccessfully tried to release this movie on DVD several years ago (Gaspard Noe was involved in this project from what I know...)

If you ever find a DVD edition with english or french subtitles, let me know, I'd like to add this movie to my collection too ;-)
    • CommentAuthorChrisy
    ok then :(
    I hope they will release it one day, it's really a shame such movies are not distributed better
    •  
      CommentAuthor0
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2012