Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.  permalink
    •  
      CommentAuthorenerg
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010
    Hehe, coming to a theatre near you? I would like that!
  2.  permalink
    I would love the hell out of this!
    • CommentAuthorrevani
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2010
    omg that is SO awesome! i would love to see that sometimes.. though it would scare the crap out of me if i would be the one on the phone! xD also i can't speak german for shit :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorthem00ch
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2010
    Call me a grumpy old bastard, but I'm never seeing anything that actively encourages people to keep their mobile phones on during a film :)
  3.  permalink
    @them00ch
    I'm as grumpy and old as you are on this subject. In fact, I nearly lost my shit when cinemas here in the Netherlands had this add from a phone company that said 'Put your phone on vibrate, because with Hi, a phone is never turned off'

Still, I think the interactive thing would be fun to experience at least once. But it'd probably only be really exciting for the one person who gets the call.
  4.  permalink
    Yeah freudian, that commercial ticked me off to. Turn your phone of when your in the cinema's, what's the problem.
    I have to say that in theory the trailer sounds good, but I think if one person in the audience gets the phone call, other people in the audience will try to interfere. i don't think it will create a quiet and nice time out at the movie's :)
  5.  permalink
    I don't think it's supposed to be a quiet night out like this. It's like de 'Nacht van de Wansmaak' (Night of Distaste for the non-Dutchies), it's at the cinema, but there's cheering and applauding and all, but it isn't annoying because you knew it was going to happen and it adds to the atmosphere. I think that, if this ever really happens, you shouldn't go if you're expecting to get a nice and quiet night out, or you'll end up annoyed to no end.
  6.  permalink
    You've got a point there freudian. But as you said, the experience would probably only be exciting for the person who gets the call.
    And to be honest, if I'm the one who gets the call and an entire audience will be shouting "left, say left!" in my ear, I'll most likely get
    an attack of hyperventilation and throw my cellphone across the room, but that's probably just going to be me :)
  7.  permalink
    I'd do the same thing. Or just say the exact opposite, to be a jackass :p
  8.  permalink
    I think it would be a great one time experience but wouldn't do it another time.
    Would be even better if it could be converted to a home cinema experience via bluetooth or whatever. Would be better fun, if you could do that with a group of friends and have different story-lines each time. The same is happening in the gaming industry. The gamer is supposed to have more and more control or influence over the story of the game.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2010
    i think this may have some practical setbacks for now, but the idea an sich is totally awesome. I like the idea of having a bit of control over the events.
    And when watching a horror flick, how many times haven't you thought: Don't open the door, you'll die. Now you can do something about it. Sounds great to me :P
  9.  permalink
    If it ever comes to my town, I'll definitely check it out, but as OberstKlink said, it'd probably be a one-time experience, to see what it's like.

And yeah, I can't count the times I've yelled 'BEHIND YOU' or something at a screen...it'd be awesome if they'd actually listen for once.
    • CommentAuthoragonistes
    "And when watching a horror flick, how many times haven't you thought: Don't open the door, you'll die. Now you can do something about it. Sounds great to me :P"

While in theory I agree, the movie is still scripted, and I don't think that the decisions will be *that* important to the story. Of course it could decide if the main character lived or dies at the end, but most of the scenes will still be the same. I don't think that a wrong decision in the beginning of the movie will end it right away, the runtime will probably still be the same approximately, and it's not like they are going to film dozens of completely different scenarios, the basic settings, scenes etc are still going to be the same. It even shows in the excerpt, the girl asks "up or down the stairs?", the guy says "down", then she walks down, says that she sees someone down there, and goes up eitherway.

As most others said, this could be a fun one-time exprerience, but I doubt I'd like it over time.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Would be great though, to just shout "Don't do it!" after five minutes, just before all evil is unleashed, and the main character will go "Uh, ok!", has a beer and the movie is over.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    or you do let the character enter the door, and after 5 minutes, the movie is over because the main characters is dead :P