Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.  permalink
    @doooom

Tks, I didn't know that ;)
    • CommentAuthorElinka
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2011
    One I just experienced:
    The last uploaded shot got deleted (while i was viewing it), I refreshed the paged and was sent to FF. I pressed back (browser option), twice, so I got to the snap that was supposed to be before the deleted-last snap. Then, when I pressed 'next' (WTM option), I was informed that the snap was deleted and was sent back to FF.
    I did the whole process twice, while on the second try, I refreshed the page on the last new-submitted snap, and couldn't press the next button again..
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2011

It should not be possible for me to see the favs I guess...
    • CommentAuthorpioa
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2011
    I don't know how I did it, but...
    http://whatthemovie.com/shot/174768
    http://whatthemovie.com/shot/174769

It's my awesome upoad. After click at "Add Snapshot to whatthemovie" the shot appears twice...
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2011 edited
    When I click on the New Submissions Section, the shots are displayed like this...

and when I click on "Showing 3 of 26 new Submissions since your last visit", the shots are displayed like this...

Not sure if this is wanted, but I think they should be displayed equally with the green bars for being solved, no matter from where you access them.

edit: When I click "Showing 3 of 32 new Feature Films since your last visit" it's the same issue in the FF.

As Browser I use Firefox 6.0
  2.  permalink
    Lately I have trouble uploading shots.It's just loading and loading...I have to start the whole process again and after a couple of times, if I'm lucky, I manage to upload.
    Anyone else have the same problem?
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2011
    Yes, had the same problem yesterday Keyser_Soze.
    What I try to do then is opening the WTM starting page in another tab of my browser, while it is loading for uploading.
    Or I press the upload button very fast like 10 times in a row lol...I sometimes got the impression it helped, but maybe it was just coincidence. ^^
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2011 edited
    Judging from the how few shots were uploaded these last hours, I'd say we all have the same problem.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    fixed
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    thanks kinoute !
    • CommentAuthoralex68
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2011 edited
    This is a bug that probably only affects Opera browser (mine is version 11.51), but it's quite annoying:

on a movie page, snapshots section: if a movie as lots of shots (for example 2001: A Space Odyssey http://whatthemovie.com/movie/2001_a_space_odyssey/snapshots ), when I click on a picture, a wrong/random? one (and not the one I chose) always appears on top of the page... It works well only for the first 20 pics, then it's a mess :(

If you can do something for it, I will appreciate it very much!

Thanks a lot.
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2011
    We need 3 more deletion votes on this one:

http://whatthemovie.com/shot/6435#

It's since ages in the archive but doesn't appear in the movie at all.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Did anyone ask the uploader about it? That might be a good first step.
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    Ok, I'm gonna ask him...let' s see
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    This shot is from the 30th Anniversary Version (aka the John Russo version), which adds a lot of new (crappy) scenes and removes a lot of (good) footage.
    Deletion votes removed.
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2011
    Not sure if this should be called a mistake, but I think it's something that should be adressed.

I've just entountered a film, where when I guessed on the title of the film, without the accents over the e's, but with the right letters, it didn't accept it as a right answer. It's a short title, with two accented letters in the title, so it's off course because of that, the algorythm doesn't allow it a the right title, but in my opinion, it really should.

Just wondering if kinoute could design a check for this. Shout on my profile if you need more information (Which shot it was).
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Well, we use the algorithm levenshtein distance (modified a little bit), see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levenshtein_distance for infos and its kind of complicated to make some adjustments like this to the algorithm without recoding the whole thing. But like you said, i think there is a problem here because it's indeed a short title and the algorithm might be confused. So the best we can do here is add an alternative short title without any accent to the movie to prevent this kind of situation.

Can you send the shot and the movie to the support here : http://whatthemovie.com/feedback i'll try to make some tests though
    •  
      CommentAuthorFamilyGuy
    Two broken links (DVDSho...) in the "Recent Action in the Forum" section on the MainPage:
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    About the Levenshtein algorithm, I experienced the same thing with short french titles with accents. Same phenomenon, very anoying, with the ",".

For example : http://whatthemovie.com/shot/44420

"Sex lies and videotapes" works (because there is an alternate title), of course "Sex, lies, and videotapes" works too( it is the exact title), but "Sex, lies and videotapes" doesn't match !

BTW only one shot of this movie in FF although tons of shots have been posted...
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2011
    Sorry for the maintenance guys, naut & i were unable to find the reason of this mess in the first place and tliff was unreachable (still is), i tried this morning to fix the problem and suddenly it worked.

Enjoy
    • CommentAuthorCircee
    Don't worry , be happy ..
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    Thanks kinoute. Our drug is back !
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    Thanks for your work kinoute. Glad you could fix the problem.
    I guess some users had withdrawal symptoms already (including me). ;)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Great work, kinoute :)

Everyone: buy the guy a beer!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    thanks & bravo kinoute ;)
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2011
    Kinoute, thanks a lot!
    • CommentAuthorpioa
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2011
    Beer from me:
    http://defense.com.pl/Erotyczne/1417/Pilsner-Strip-Game.html
    There is a bonus if you catch enough bottles :)
    • CommentAuthorlusvardi
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2011
    Yeah, thank you, Kinoute, you saved the day!
    =)
    •  
      CommentAuthorCHILI
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2011
    team edward or team jacob ??
    no, screw them!
    go team kinoute !!
    ;D
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2012
    Just a minor suggestion :
    could it be possible for a user to delete (alone) one of his own shots in NS. For example when he has uploaded a dupe.

I am waiting for 2 hours for the last delete vote :)
    • CommentAuthorElinka
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2012
    @efji, it might cause people to reupload snaps that receive low ratings..
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2012
    No, this feature would only lead people to upload random shots, see what happens and delete if they're not happy with the ratings.
    This is not what NS is for.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2012
    OK you're right.
    Maybe only a special privilege reserved to Studio Bosses :)
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2012 edited
    No, Studio Bosses shouldn't upload dupes (or shots with black bars, ...) in the first place. ;)
    Just contact mods when such a should-be-deleted-shot isn't deleted fast enough.
    • CommentAuthorWinterwolf
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2012
    the problem is 99% are dupes of shots, which are running in the FF. A Studio Boss have like a cable Monkey no chance to prevent uploading dupes. And if you need a mod, there is no one online :P
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    what's the rush anyway ?
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    FF dupes are usually deleted by mods as soon as detected. And there's no emergency. A mod is almost always around within 24hrs.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    And Winterwolf... if you have the memory to solve 85% of FF solves, then you can also remember the shots to avoid uploading dupes.
  3.  permalink
    Hahaha @Asmodai :)
    • CommentAuthormarinaraujo
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2012 edited
    Something I've just noticed (even though I think there aren't many characters with lots of lovers and ofc it's not a major feature on the site): When you get to a character page, there is no "see all" link or something like that on the lovers session, so if it has more than 6 lovers, it's impossible to visualize them.
    http://whatthemovie.com/movie/fight_club/character/934
    I also tried reloading the page, and the avatars remain the same (positions differ, though).
    •  
      CommentAuthorLePaposaure
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2012 edited
    I don't know if someone has already notice it, but, on a shot's page :
    - when you enter a good title : green light, and you have, on the bottom of the shot, the title of the movie + the year of release.
    - when you ask for the title with the "show solution" button (in Archive, or in FF with a previously solved shot) : you have the title of the movie but NO year of release.

Would that be possible to add the year in every cases, like in the first example ? It's not very important, but I know few players (included myself :p) enjoying to guess the year of a movie, without being forced to go to the movie page.
    Thanks !
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2012 edited
    added to my todo list
    •  
      CommentAuthorFamilyGuy
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2012
    Got the same bug as Fireball half a year ago.

• CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2012
    @LePaposaure i think this is fixed now
    @FamilyGuy i added it to my todo-list
    •  
      CommentAuthorFamilyGuy
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2012
    The Fellow request feature is broken.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2012
    We're encountering problems with email notifications which seem to be the reason of the errors appeared lately
  4.  permalink
    @kinoute : Thanks ! It's working !
    • CommentAuthorSahi
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2012
    Some errors popped up today.
    First when trying to upload a shot it told me that I already uploaded two shots from that movie. Actually I even uploaded five already, but it seemed as if I was no WTM supporter anymore. (the current subscription should last more than one month still).
    Second, after succesfully having uploaded another shot just now, I got an error saying that I had already two shots in the queue and should wait for an open slot.

Nothing that is not really working, just some errormessages which should not have appeared.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2012 edited
    Hi mods and coder(s)
    I know you are aware of that, but since scruffy died (or at least since he is in very bad shape), the timed out shot seem to be manually deleted and thus don't appear in the list of the rejected shots. I find that quite annoying to keep track of the already posted shots.
    For the same reason the mail notification of accepted/timed out shots are not sent anymore and I miss it.

And of course the supporter stats missing since january 22 :)

I know you have hard times in maintaining the site and appreciate all your work for WTM.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2012
    @Sahi: i think this is because Scruffy has some difficulties to handle the shots in NS the past few days
    @efji: the supporter stats seem to be the main reason of all those "over capacity" errors lately so they wont be updated for a while, we might have to rewrite this feature from scratch