Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorTao
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2012
    I don't know in which topic to put this, but will it be possible, in some future, to search multiple tags at once? That would be a really useful feature.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2012 edited
    I second that.Forerunner, Asmodai and I already suggested this feature several times in the forum almost two years ago. It would also be nice to use other logic operators to refine the search.
  1.  permalink
    I'm glad that my Snapshot has been accepted, but Scruffy seems a lot more happy then me, because all the shouts on my Tales of interest has changed to Scruffy: "One of your Snapshots has been accepted." And it says I have 72 new Tales of interests but thats wrong too. Thank you for listening ;)
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2012
    fixed, the notification function was in a loop, if your shot had X solves, you received X shouts when it was accepted by scruffy, sorry about that.
  2.  permalink
    Thank you kinoute
    • CommentAuthornini
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2012
    I just noticed a small typo on the site. When you go to the vault and click on "montage effects" a message shows up saying "This Vaul Item is not yet accessable." It should be "acessible". By the way, thanks for all the work you put into this site!
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2012
    thx it will be fixed in the next deployment
    •  
      CommentAuthorKeyser_Soze
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2012 edited
    Recently my votes for shots are not accepted right away, it takes 2 or 3 times for me to vote. And if they are accepted I don't know that cause I can't see the vote. It tends to be annoying.
    Hope you get what I mean and that it can be fixed easily
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2012
    Did you try emptying your browser's cache?
  3.  permalink
    I do it once in a while, done it again now so I'll see if it helps. Thanks
    • CommentAuthorstuken
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2012
    i don't know if it also has been noted yet but i don't get any accepted/rejected mails since 2012 (maybe earlier but i wasn't that active at the end of 2011), switched to shout yet, just wanted you to know :)
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2012
    yes the mail server is down from a month at least.
  4.  permalink
    Unfortunately my problem from above is still active. Don't think it's cache related
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2012
    What browser/OS are you using?
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Are you double clicking ?
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2012 edited
    Have the same Problem like Keyser_Soze.
    I usually do my votings and then have a look in the NS overview where I usually notice that some votes were not accepted and I have to go to these shots then again to click another time.
    I dont think its cache related either.
    (I use Win 7 and Firefox 11, always single clicking when I give a vote)
  5.  permalink
    Windows XP, Firefox, no double clicking...
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Next time you think this is happening, give me the # of the shot and the approx. time of your first & second-real vote
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    or wait a little if you notice it, like 30min. If your vote is still unsaved, well tell me ^^
  6.  permalink
    I'll do my best :)
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    also check if you don't browse the NS section too fast (your vote doesn't have the time to be sent) or if you don't wait enough time to vote (the code of the page is not completely downloaded/executed and you're already voting)
    • CommentAuthordaBomb619
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2012
    Is there a reason that the green lines don't appear underneath solved shots on the Archive pages anymore?
    • CommentAuthorVito
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2012
    I submit the same problem
    neither valut nor the NS archive or green underline does not work
    •  
      CommentAuthortorqu3
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2012
    cant upload nothig last 2-3 days..
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2012
    I think we'll need some further details to try to understand what's going on, like: on what step of the uploading process do you get stuck?
    •  
      CommentAuthorFamilyGuy
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2012 edited
    Sometimes the next-button in the FF redirects me to the current Vault. http://whatthemovie.com/shot/218130 . Pretty annoying.
    • CommentAuthorfabster
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2012 edited
    For some reason I'm down to ~4k WTM bucks. I'm pretty sure I had around 11k some time ago.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2012
    We deleted something like 600k bucks. See the discussion here : http://forum.whatthemovie.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=947&page=1#Item_20
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2012
    @FamilyGuy it's a problem due to the specificity of a sidequest (taking shots from FF/NS), i'll check what's wrong for the next one
    •  
      CommentAuthortorqu3
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2012
    @MisterZob - last step..I find my pic press upload and croc pops up after few sec..every time.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2012
    And the file you're trying to upload is a JPG or a PNG file?
  7.  permalink
    since a long time now, you can enter a title with a small amount of mistakes, which is very comfortable, but the punctuation, seem to be out of the allowable errors.

I just entered a very long title (about 40 letters) and only 1 comma, it was considered wrong until I wrote the comma. I can't tell the title because it's in NS, but I remember I had the case once with Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!,
    which seem to work today without punctuation... it's difficult to understand the rule actually.

same problem, with "the" "a" "le" "les", you can avoid to write them in english, french, and few other languages but for example "ojos de julia" doesn't work until you write "los" or at least one of the three letters.

hope this will help
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2012
    The comma bug is known. Other punctuation marks don't matter.
    You don't need to type the comma for "Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!" any longer, because somebody added "Faster Pussycat Kill Kill" as an alternate title. And since other punctuation marks don't matter when you type a guess in, you can type "Faster? Pussycat. Kill; Kill!" it will work.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    There is no "rule", we use the levenshtein alrogithm which is really hard to modify : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levenshtein_distance

'der', 'die', 'das', 'the', 'a', 'of', 'la', 'le', 'les' have been removed because they are the most used words in titles (at the beginning). I checked "los", it's not used enough at the time in titles & alternatives titles to justify an addition in the excluded words.

To make it short : the more the title is long, the more you can make mistakes. If you have regular problems with punctuation, well feel free to add an alternative title to the movie without it. I'll try to have a look but unfortunately, on my local server i can't guess titles.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Erf, burned by Zob!
    • CommentAuthorstuken
    the latest wtm observer (2nd may) with the remind of the sidequest just appear today (7 days to late) oO just wanted you to know :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Yes, that's a weird cache error, also known. Basically, the observer gets released, but the server sometimes doesn't pick it up until it somehow has to reload some stuff.
    • CommentAuthorKajBorg
    Perhaps it could be mentioned in the section on the home page for WTM underneath:
    A lot has been harpooned since your last visit
    This page will make it easy for you to keep up to date

Just put in a box with: Vault contest (or side quest) running)?

Just a little reminder ^^
    • CommentAuthorVito
    Thanks @kinoute for the repair is already running under the green shots..;)
    • CommentAuthorstuken
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2012
    i would like to become a supporter again but just for ~ 3 month, whenever i tried to donate less than 6 € he tells me something went wrong with your donation. so my question is: is it possible to spend less then 6 €? or means "or any additional number of months" more then 6 or 12? :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2012 edited
    Additional = extra ;)
    So yeah, 6 months is the minimum: the lower the amount, the more (relatively) paypall takes.
    • CommentAuthorstuken
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2012
    so well you got me for 6 months ;P got some further issue: sometimes i can watch who favourited my snapshots and sometimes not even with the same shot, couldn't mark a system yet. just wanted you to know :)
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2012
    yeah this bug is KILLING me! i don't know why it appears or not randomly like that, the code looks fine, i checked 38171 times. I'll check again, it's on my todo list, top priority actually.
    • CommentAuthorstuken
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2012
    me again :) recognized it some time ago: the counter next to the shout and favourite icons under the snapshots on the Home page don't show the correct number sometimes. it seems that some fix after some time but another doesn't. just wanted you to know :)
    • CommentAuthorstuken
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2012 edited
    again me ;D today i just wondered about a rating... the snap hat 2 votes and an average of 8,75 Oo it means the 2 voters gave 17,5 together right? well thats not possible with just 2 votes if you can just give full stars and not half isn't it? marked this little calculation sometimes yet... or is there a rule i don't know? higher rankings got more influence (like imdb) or something like that? oO
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2012 edited
    browse the forum it has been discussed numerous of times. Somebody who solves a shot & votes after counts as 3 votes instead of one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2012
    Since the new update (major kudo's for that by the way) my settings for the random button reset everytime i log in. Happens both in Firefox as in IE. It's a trivial matter, but still kind of annoying.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Did you clear cache?
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    i was gonna say the same thing. I just tried with 4 different browsers and it works for me. Did you mean that your settings are not saved when you switch to another browser? Because its browser dependant, i mean the settings are saved in the browser not in the website, so if you switch, you will not have the same settings on another browser
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2012
    I mean that when I put the settings on for instance "all shots, include archive" in FF, the next time I open FF and use the button, the settings got reverted to "easy, no archive."
    Clearing cache seems to have done it for now. Everyting works fine now.