Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2015 edited
    he must have logged in before i deployed the thing, my fix is not retro-active. If the last_seen date is wrong, I can't change it. But it should be ok now if he does it again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2015 edited
    OK thanks for all.
    I don't know what you did but the site seems much quicker now.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2015
    Thanks. I spent the last three weeks working on the back-end (slow-queries etc) and also the front-end (defer some stuff). I can do better but I think it's good like that for the moment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2015
    Hi kinoute. It's me again...
    When I navigate through the archive (more than 1 month old shots), the "last" button leads to a weird old shot that seems to vary with the time I do it. Now it's #350498
  1.  permalink
    The site is way faster now !
    But I found some issues (I have Mozilla 37.0.2) :
    - No flags visible under some shots, even after the "show all" activation. For the moment, it concerns every shot ! Exemple : http://whatthemovie.com/shot/353301
    - some titles, visible in the white strip after having solved the shot, are not well written, or not written at all. (I have no example now, sorry).
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    "- No flags visible under some shots, even after the "show all" activation. For the moment, it concerns every shot ! Exemple : http://whatthemovie.com/shot/353301"

Looks ok to me (firefox 37.0.2 mac, Opera 27.0 mac or Safari 8.0.6)
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    @efji that's normal, I changed these buttons. When you are in the NS, you don't except the first/last button to redirect you to the first archive shot or the last ff shots. You expect them to send you to the last shot uploaded in the NS, and the first one. Same for the FF. Well, before my changes, when you were in the archive, the last button was redirecting you to the last shot accepted in the FF. And I think that was wrong. When you are in the archive, it's for a good reason. So now the last button redirects you to the latest shot transferred IN the archive. And because a lot of shots are transferred to the archive every day (number of shots transferred in the archive per day = number of shots accepted in the FF 30 days ago), the last shot changes a lot during the day.

I should do the same for overview too.

@LePaposaure try to delete your browser cache
  2.  permalink
    @kinoute
    It works, Captain, it works !
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2015
    SotD tag has to be removed on 350792
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2015
    Done, thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2015
    A few days ago I deleted a very old rejected shot of mine and today I got a message from scruffy saying "A vote for deletion has been started on your snapshot xx" and the shot is still there. Bug or feature ?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2015
    Yes, we were just wondering about that as well.. Looking into it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2015
    Am I the only one having trouble when adding "alternative titles" when i register a new movie? If I add ten alternative titles to the movie and then save the movie, maybe oe of them appear on the movie page. Then I have to add them one more time. This "problem" only appear when adding a movie that don't exist in the DB.

I'm using Google Chrome 43,02 btw.
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    I had the same problem a few weeks ago: only one title was kept.
    Since I'm only a grip (at the moment, that is ;-)), MisterZob kindly added the missing titles.
    Firefox 38.0 for Ubuntu canonical 1.0
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Really old bug that was tried to fix a bunch of times but still is being a pain.. My advise: add the movie, don't fill in alt. titles in that screen but after its creating do them on the movie page. If you don't have the rank for that yet, just leave one of us a shout and we'll do it for you :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    @asmodai Thanks for the answear, good to know. Will do that from now on.
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    @Asmodai That's the plan. ;-)
    Thank you!
    • CommentAuthorErrix
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2015
    I can't activate new characters, the message says: "Could not update character: Description should be between 3 and 300 characters" even if type the description. Does anybody else has this problem?
    • CommentAuthorBan
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2015
    @Errix seems to work just fine for me. I tried enabling a character without description, adding a description to an existing character, and enabling a character with a description: all worked.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2015
    Did you check if there was a hidden space in the character description? Or was your description too long?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacMono
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2015 edited
    When I click on the New Submissions section, shots appear randomly (no more chronological order). Am I the only one?

•  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2015 edited
    you are not alone @macmono ! :)

& i think there's a problem with the bucks : i 've voted on all new submissions and posted characters shots since yesterday and i only have 10 bucks! ?
    • CommentAuthorErrix
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2015
    @ Ban & Asmodai
    finally I made it... but from the upload page (choosing the "Character Snapshot Upload" mode) not from the characters section in the movie page, I can't still activate new characters in this way
  3.  permalink
    I have Error 500 when I try to add or change abstracts in TV Serie's main pages like http://whatthemovie.com/series/agatha_christie_poirot or http://whatthemovie.com/series/agatha_christie_s_marple
    •  
      CommentAuthorZomBeeBob
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2015
    Quick question. My "Tales of Interest" no longer show old shouts on my profile, subscribed snapshots or things like that. The only thing showing up is shouts from the staff and Scruffy. This happens in all of the browsers if tested.
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2015
    Typo.
    Last step when uploading, tags: it's spelled "separated", not "seperated" ...
  4.  permalink
    The movie Offside http://whatthemovie.com/movie/offside is not linked to the good movie, it should be http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499537
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2015
    But that's the movie I go to when I click the IMDB-button..?
  5.  permalink
    @Asmodai
    So it has been changed, the first link led to : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0774755/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2
    •  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    i changed the link ! :)
  6.  permalink
    Pffff I feel stupid... I just realize the IMDb link at the bottom of the edit-page... Boooooo !
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Ah, that explains :) Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2015
    I've just accidentally noticed (again) that a one day old shout on one of my shots and my (fresh) comment on it don't show in my "Tales of interest".
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2015
    What kind of shot was it? FF/NS, character, title, awesome..?
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2015
    Thank you for your reply.
    Sorry, here's the number: #368053
    FF (then and now), nothing special else.
    No shout on my profile, but the shout on the shot was only one day old then (three now) - and mine didn't show, either.
    There are older and also fresher comments (to other tales of interest) on my wtm-home-site.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2015
    Ok, strange. kinoute is running around in the real world these days, but I'm sure he'll be back soonish and then can also check on this :)
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2015
    There are several "snapshots" in the database which are definitely not from DVD or BR ;-) -
    the shots from the "Draw the Movie"-Quests.

Bug or feature? ;-)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2015
    That's kinda the point of that contest..
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2015 edited
    Confusing.
    You only see that it's not in the actual movie when you click the shot, not in the overview.
    Good for a laugh, though ... ;-)
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2015
    Anybody else having problems during the upload process. I just get the loading gif at point 5: Upload.
    • CommentAuthorvepro
    yep...
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Yes, there seems to be something b0rked. I notified tliff.
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2015
    That bad? Good luck!

The main site is in maintenance at the moment, I presume - or flooded with requests/uploads...

Good thing the forum is independent from that! Well done!
    • CommentAuthorbeatnic
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2015 edited
    Hello,
    What is exactly the problem on the site,
    and how long is it gonna take to fix it ?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    No clue and no clue, I'm trying to reach tliff and/or kinoute. As soon as we know something, we'll put it here.

Edit (20:25): kinoute doesn't have server access atm. Possible storage problems, there is no indication that any data is lost. Waiting on tliff.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    We're back, thanks to tliff whoALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

• CommentAuthorvepro
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2015
    nice and quick job @tliff and all other involved
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2015
    ANfSCD - Tell me again, how often are the supporter-stats refreshed? (Last change Dec 13th)
    I ask because I think there's something wrong with the earnable bucks, but like to check it out first.
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2015
    Finally! But 6 days? Hm.
    The statistics don't help much in my case; I'll watch it closer when I have more time (preparing a big party today, beyond panic-mode ;-))!
    Happy Holidays!
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2015
    Have fun and enjoy your holidays!