Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorCircee
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2016
    I have the same blank page, what can we do for that ?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2016
    Weird.. I'll look into it and see if we can get in touch with kinoute..
    •  
      CommentAuthorRigborg
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2016
    Unfortunately I have the same problem as the other three.
    • CommentAuthorSmallcaps
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2016
    I couldn't get onto the site at all at first, but then I explicitly added a "www." at the front of the url, and that has worked so far. Might just be luck, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeSep 27th 2016
    I'm trying to get into touch with tliff, who should be able to fix it quickly. I'll let you all know if there's news.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2016
    tliff did his magic, killed some minions and now we should be working properly again. Please let us know if anything is still wrong.
    • CommentAuthorCircee
    Thank you tliff for your good job , and thank you Asmodai : everything works now , we can play again without the blanck pages ..
    • CommentAuthorvepro
    thanks a lot guys, was starting to lose it sometimes
  1.  permalink
    The day's images appear for a second and disappear. I love the game and I'm not able to play!
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2016 edited
    Shots from the last contest (lightnings) do not appear when you try to upload a new shot, or even if you look at a movie page. Older contests appear, including DtM, which can be sometimes confusing.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2016
    We're aware of this. This glitch has been affecting Vaults for some time now. Unfortunately, kinoute couldn't figure out what's wrong.
    It seems everything gets back to normal after a while.
    • CommentAuthorWinterwolf
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2016 edited
    not sure its a error or its just unlucky coded...

wanted today find a movie with imdb number with movie search. Thought until yet its the best way to find a movie. But today i used 2350608 and found just the entry with number 2070791. Finally the same name and release of both...

Edit: even strange in page "movie" i find the 2 shots (number of one: 285595), next page "snapshots" is empty for imdb number 2350608
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2016
    Well spotted!
    It should be fixed now.
    Thanks for reporting it.
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2017 edited
    On a character page, you're only able to unassign the first picture, not the subsequent (no response from death button).

Edit: When pressing the death button, the unassign box appears on the first character shot, not the character shot you're currently unassigning.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2017
    Yes, we're aware of that glitch.
    But as you noticed, after clicking on the death button, if you go back to the character's first shot, you'll find the box.
    • CommentAuthorWinterwolf
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2017 edited
    http://whatthemovie.com/shot/379720

i am unable to read the spoilered message - ofc. not solved the shot while DTM was running

Edit: found a way to see it, but press "show solution" and then enter the right answer in the box is not very comfortable
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2017
    I'm not getting shouts from shot #413632 on my Tales of interest.
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2017
    I guess there's something wrong with the importing characters function of the movies, since there isn't any characters on the Ghost in the Shell page.
    http://whatthemovie.com/movie/ghost_in_the_shell/characters
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2017 edited
    The import feature has been shut down last week due to a server problem, I restarted it, check again in a few hours
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2017 edited
    Apologies for the over capacity/weird server issues today, we slowly introduce the https/SSL secure connection over WTM 10 years after everybody else!
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2017
    @kinoute : great !
    Maybe a side effect: stat on the bottom left of the home page (X registered Users solved a total of XX Snapshots, Snapshots in the Database Y, People online Z) disappeared.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2017
    Thanks, fixed. (Also fixed IMDb ratings import)
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2017
    On movie pages, tab "snapshots" and link "show all" are broken
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Not broken, snapshots page is disabled for low rank users for the moment due to heavy scrapping from foreign bots
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    @kinoute "producer" is now a "low rank user" ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    And btw, disabling this feature for low rank users is a very bad idea imho. Browsing the shots already there is almost the only interesting thing to do here for a newcomer. Don't be suprised if WTM is slowly dying.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Ah, it's because you're uploading banned, I'll modify the condition.

it is completely temporary until this scrapping mess is over. And browsing shots is completely fine, you can still play and browse thousand of shots. And if you're not happy as a newcomer, just contribute for a few days and it's all over.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    OK thanks
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    test again please
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    Fixed. Thank you man.
    • CommentAuthorbucketbot
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2017
    I kept getting warnings for not considering correct capitalization when adding new movies.

I think i found the cause:
    1. upload -> normal mode
    2. searched a movie title that was not entered yet on whatthemovie (all lower case)
    3. clicked "create a new one" and used the correct capitalization

The created movie had the capitalization I used in step 2 instead of step 3.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2017
    I've just followed your procedure and the site worked fine:

Like I said on your profile, if it doesn't work for you, it's most likely due to your browser's features/settings.
    • CommentAuthorratone
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2018
    Hello guys, I've been trying to write reviews for all the movies I've been watching and at the same time trying to get the rank of Grip (that as far as I understand, is the necessary one for looking at all snapshots of a movie) but for days now my WTM cash has been stuck at 1433. Is there anything wrong with my reviews or something?

I've been a user for years and a big fan of you all, so thanks for the fantastic site!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRigborg
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2018
    @ratone You can always see all the snapshots of a movie, you don't need special rank for that.
    But when you do get to the rank of Grip you are able to upload your own snapshots.

Don't know anything about the stuck WTM cash though, but remember that you can't get more that 300 per day.
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2018
    I'm getting a small red line through the shot on "shot of the day" shots.

See below
    https://imgur.com/a/ojlGiTU
    • CommentAuthorxorandor
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2019
    Clicking "random snapshot" button shouldn't take us to the exactly same shot if amount of shots for the selected difficulty/tag is more than one. This happens too often when the number of shots left is low. Also the random number generator seems to be biased for low amount of shots as too often we loop through already seen shots and we get new one after several clicks.
    • CommentAuthorxorandor
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2019
    That is just crazy. I'm stuck in a loop of ~6 shots, sometimes the same one shows three times in a row.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2019 edited
    That's probably because there are only 6 shots left in FF that you haven't solved yet and that match the difficulty level you set. Remember the number in brackets is the total Easy/Medium/Hard shots currently in FF, *including* those you've already solved. But when you hit the "random snapshot" button, unless you ticked the "Include solved shots" option, you only get shots that you haven't solved yet.
    Therefore, with a number as low as 6, it's normal that a shot often shows several times in a row, just like when you're rolling a die.
    Just raise the difficulty level (if possible) and you'll get new shots.
    • CommentAuthorxorandor
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2019
    I've made a 100 tries test for easy difficulty one with "include solved", one without. The number of easy shots in pool was 18. I've tried to be quick, but for sure there was someone out there borrowing PRNG cycle so this is not a perfect test. Just for the sake of being sure each time I restarted browser and logged in again, then went to https://whatthemovie.com/shot/1 and started clicking "random" (yes I know this is randomized on the server side, but who knows if seeds are per session/user/global etc.).

For a test without "include" the number of unique shots was 6, so I might assume this is correct. However the longest wait time for new shot to show was... 31 shots to click through! For a pool of 6 shots this is weird. There were 15 (!!!) doublets (the same shot click by click) and 1 triplet (which also had a doublet). The average repeats should be 100/6 = 16.(6), one shot had 23 repeats which is high, but not unusual yet.

For a test with "include" the number of unique shots was 18, so the value in brackets is ok. Now... the longest wait time for a new shot to show up was... 94 clicks!! Yes, after 94 clicks the eighteenth shot (1 repeat) showed up. The seventeenth shot (1 repeat) showed up after 67 clicks. The sixteenth shot (4 repeats) started showing after 55th click and the fifteenth shot (5 repeats) after 43th click. Others were much earlier. There were 3 doublets and 1 triplet (which also had a doublet). The average repeats should be 100/18 = 5.(5), one shot had 11 and two shots only 1 repeat - in the limits, but some are quite rare or too common (best is flat).

It is not that bad, except the fact some shots are not showing up for a long time, but the doublets/triplets are terrible and pretty annoying. This is easy to fix.
    Later perhaps I will try again with harder difficulties however I suspect the 100 tries might be too small bucket (easy&medium are now 320, hard 577 and all 897). Maybe I'll automate the process.
    • CommentAuthorrosebud
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2019 edited
    All my conversations disappeard from my Homescreen :(
    edit : solved :)
    • CommentAuthorxorandor
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2019 edited
    Clicking "hard" label in fact selects "easy & medium" radio button. To select hard difficulty you have to click radio button directly. Other labels work fine.

Also checkbox "show unsolved only" does not seem to work.

Edit: The issue with label linked to wrong radio button is also present in settings - site settings. Labels for "Keyboard shortcuts" are linked to "Gore" filters.
    • CommentAuthorxorandor
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2019
    Link https://whatthemovie.com/movie/back_to_the_future gives 500. Parts II and III work ok.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2019
    @xorandor Fixed. Thanks for reporting it.
    • CommentAuthorxorandor
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2019 edited
    The issue with broken labels is still present. However I'd like to report that voting on shots is somewhat problematic on mobile. Often I give a vote, the shot's page shows X stars, but then I refresh recent submissions and some votes are X-1 or X+1. It seems that the page has problems detecting touch events.
    • CommentAuthorF_I_R_E
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2020
    Hi everyone! I noticed that on every movie page, when I click on "Snapshots", I am redirected back to the movie page. I tried three different browsers, private mode, and also asked three of my friends if they are also redirected; seem that there is something wrong with the site. Anyone else experiencing that? I would love to upload snapshots, but it's hard given that I cannot even check for duplicates unless they are displayed on the main page.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2020
    You need to have the rank "Grip" (2000 bucks) to see all shots. It's locked because there were a lot of bots creating new accounts to scrap our entire database.
    • CommentAuthorF_I_R_E
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2020
    Good to know, thank you.
    • CommentAuthorF_I_R_E
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2020
    Me again. I'm not sure whom should I contact if I lost access to my account (and I really do not want to start over again with a third one...). I wanted to change the email associated with my account. After clicking on the validation link from email, the site says "Invalid request". And I cannot login, because my email has not been validated. Seems like I'm stuck, could anyone help?

Besides, is there any way of recovering my first account, created 10 years ago? I cannot remember the password & lost access to email that was linked with said account.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2020
    Hello F_I_R_E,
    Please contact us through a more private channel:
    - contact form on site
    - Facebook
    - Twitter
    • CommentAuthorPzy
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2020
    Hej,
    the first point in FAQ mention an articel that doesn't exist anymore.

"WTM player Deviant wrote a neat article about whatthemovie. If you don’t speak German, check out this translation by DrDoetz."

>>"article about whatthemovie"<<