Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthoraigle1
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2020
    Hello,
    On the home page, when I'm logged, in the little carousel of my "Feature Films" (at the bottom of "Your Stats Quizz" and left of "Tales of Interest"), the count of Shouts is broken.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2020
    @Rigborg that was the case before the switch
    @aigle1 thanks, cache problem, will be fixed in next release
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2020
    @Rigborg my bad, rejected snapshots were filtered out before the switch. I didn't enable it again because of speed issues when filtering out shots on the search page. It needs to be redone from scratch

Just some useless changes/fixes recently:

- Fixed the number of FF shouts on the homepage
    - Fixed the validation of recent movies
    - Added a few new languages/flags (Albanian, Azerbaijani, Bosnian, Georgian, Macedonian, Montenegrin, Slovak, Slovene). Feel free to fix existing movies/series
    - Fixed number of uploaders on vault (don't forget to add your shots in the upcoming contest!!)
    - Fixed an error that could occurred when using the "Awesome Button" and no shot matching your criteria could be found
    - Deleted all inactive characters that didn't have any description or shots attached to remove all the dupes we had. Scruffy will reimport them if needed when somebody visits the movie/series pages next time (that explains the weird "latest characters" display on the homepage recently and for a few weeks)

I'm trying to debug the NSFW stuff where you see the blurry moderated image even if you have no filters activated in your settings. If it happens, please tell me on what shot, and at what time exactly. I would try to look into the logs.

Regarding the supporter status: I need to setup a new PayPal system on the website, therefore it is broken right now. If you want the supporter status, you will have to contact me to do that through PayPal directly or bank transfer.

Regarding the supporter stats: I still have them from the switch but I would like to transform them (even the old ones) to be a weekly report instead of a 1-day report (before 2014) or a 3-day report. Otherwise It takes too much place. I'm very busy right now but I will try to do that really soon, sorry about this.
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2020
    "I'm trying to debug the NSFW stuff where you see the blurry moderated image even if you have no filters activated in your settings. If it happens, please tell me on what shot, and at what time exactly. I would try to look into the logs."

#515486 - ca. 20:14 - skipped ahead and the back, and it was displaying fine then.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2020
    Thanks Solhanne!
    • CommentAuthorvepro
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2020
    #517185 13:48 refresh usually works fine, but it's only now when it entered the FF section that shows NSFW message.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2020
    Thanks vepro. I struggle to reproduce the bug, it happens randomly for me too. For what I can see, the reported shots were all "gore", no "nudity", that might be a hint but I don't think this is related..

I don't know if the problem occurs also in the opposite direction: you have filters on and you see the shot when you shouldn't. No report so far.
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2020
    Not a bug as such, but I'm missing the ability to assign an actress to Characters we add ourselves. As of now it just says "Unknown actor".
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2020 edited
    You're right. It's a feature I have on my todolist for a long time. The problem is: we don't want to let people assign actors manually just like we do with directors right now: by writing its name directly/manually.

We want people to search for an existing person in our database and only if there is a match, you can assign it to the character. My plan is to do that for everything basically: genres should be assigned only from a restricted list of genres, directors should be assigned and selected from the existing ones and the same system should apply for the actors.

It needs some work. But I didn't forget that, actors pages are quite unofficial (and since the update, they are not working correctly) but this is something on my todolist too, same for directors pages.

Right now, if you see a missing character and you don't want to add it with "Unknown Actor": go to tmdb.org (where we get our movie infos from) and add the actor/character on the movie page. Scruffy will download the new members of the cast you entered there and your character will have the actor you assigned on tmdb.
    • CommentAuthorvepro
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2020
    #516607, 17:59, 14.12.2020. refreshed and it was ok. I'm using mozilla if it makes any difference.
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2020
    The AI needs some serious monitoring.
    Mistaking a cute puppy for a cat is one thing, but a walking stick for a gun, a chair for a bed and crying "nudity" where everyone is fully clothed...
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2020
    It's a suggestion tool, on a "verify" page. People are supposed to review suggested tags and delete/add some. But most of people click on "publish snapshot" right away..
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    I know; I'm just amused.
    And I love the new style. Looking good!

It shows that many just push the button; I try to correct (monitoring) the mistakes I'm certain of.
    I've got the power! ;-D

Keep on with your great work and thank you! Stay healthy!
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    I changed the AI recently, sorry for the errors, I will improve it later
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2020
    I've now tried adding a couple of roles on tmdb.
    I'm assuming Scruffy is only getting info from tmdb once a day, right?
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2020 edited
    Solhanne: did you visit the movie page on WTM again? Scruffy checks in the background on TMDb if there are new things to import when somebody visits a movie page. But it does that only every 2 weeks to avoid flood.

edit: give me the name of the movie, I will check
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    Yes I did, and it doesn’t seem like anything was imported, but maybe it’s because i manually had created the two characters already, that I now have added on tmdb.

It’s The Rocket Post.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    @Solhanne I see two inactive characters there: https://whatthemovie.com/movie/the_rocket_post/characters ("Show all" link)

But normally Scruffy should have merged the already imported ones with the new one containing an actor hmm..
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    They weren’t there a half hour ago, when I checked. Could Scruffy have checked at midnight?

Anyway ... now that I know the solution, I’ll go back through all my old entries, and have them updated.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Scruffy refreshes movie infos when somebody visits the main movie page (like /movie/300), not other pages, but it may take a few seconds/minutes to show up depending on how much it has to import
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2020
    I obviously didn't wait long enough :-)

Thanks for your help, kinoute. Keep up the good work.
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    When looking into old character shots I've discovered that my older shots doesn't seem to be activated.

Example: #229955 -
    Katya Orlova
    The Russia House

Doesn't appear on the "The Russia House" Character overview.

But it does appear if I activate the character.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Yeah, there are obscure characters that get disabled despite having a shot assigned to it. I haven't figured it out yet if it's done by some users or by a mistake in our system
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2020
    Sorry to be bothering you again.

I'm trying to correct some shots for the danish film Eksperimentet (2010).
    I've added some characters and edited some of the characters, by adding character names on TMDb, but Scruffy doesn't seem to import it.

Could you look into it?

Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    It seems their API still returns the old version, with the empty characters names. I guess it's just a matter of time
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    @Solhanne: it was added now.

I'm slowly reintroducing Supporter Stats. They are still buggy but when the new one will be generated, some charts on some users should be fixed. They are now weekly generated
    • CommentAuthorvepro
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2020
    this one is weird, #518596, I got NSFW blur in the little box where my three new submissions are, on the home page, then again when I opened it in a new window.
    usually, it would remove the blur after refreshing but it doesn't now.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    It's a global problem. I will work on it this afternoon
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    Got an formatting error from Scruffys acceptence.

https://imgur.com/a/cfc1NpW
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Thanks Solhanne.

NSFW should be fixed and deployed almost everywhere on the website, except for very tiny shots (like shots in the characters list).
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    No link to rejected snapshots at the moment.
    Looked funny earlier today, too - but the link was there.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    @greyhound: This is normal. I fixed manually your Scruffy's shout and was too lazy to reintroduce the link. But it would be fine in the next one
    • CommentAuthorLeonardoS
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2021
    Hey there! Just a small thing I noticed. I tagged the movie First Reformed (https://whatthemovie.com/movie/first_reformed) in a comment and the link lands in a error page, something went terribly wrong.

Have a good weekend, stay safe.
    • CommentAuthorvepro
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2021
    hello,
    sorry if this is a wrong topic for this question.
    can there be an option for ranks A Writer and above
    to contest a snapshot for a dupe or bad quality etc.
    without deleting said snapshot automatically.
    sometimes I'm not sure, and wouldn't want to delete
    someones snapshot if I'm wrong.

thanks.
    • CommentAuthoraigle1
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2021
    hi,
    the section "current vault snapshots" has disappeared from user profile pages
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2021
    It should be back
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2021 edited
    - rejected/deleted snapshots should not appear in the search anymore (same for contests shots when a contest is open for uploads)
    - added a somewhat dark theme, should be available if your operating system allows it:

If people like it, I could make it as an option in the user settings
    • CommentAuthoraigle1
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2021
    Hey,
    Thanks @kinoute : it's fixed.
    And, wow, the dark theme is a whole new feature ! Nice unexpected gift, thank you !
    • CommentAuthorvepro
    what to do to get the dark theme to work?
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    What OS are you using?
    • CommentAuthorvepro
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2021
    windows 7.

what about the other question from earlier?
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2021 edited
    Windows 7 doesn't have a dark mode. You will have to wait that I implement a user setting to use it

For the other question, as a Writer/Studio Boss, you are aware of how the website works and what are the rules (i.e what defines a shot that should be deleted). If we gave this feature to these people, it means we trust them and if you do a mistake, that's fine. In the worst case, shot gets deleted but it can be re-uploaded by the user or moved back to its original queue by ourselves.

If you are not comfortable at all, you could just leave a shout behind the shot and mention a moderator to ask him his opinion.
    • CommentAuthorvepro
    ok, that's appeasing in a way,

now waiting patiently for the sweet dark stuff.

thanks for the answer and all you do around here.
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    The memorabilia page looks weird.

https://imgur.com/Rssoi54
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    Aaaaand it loaded right the next time around :-)
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2021
    Created a new entry, uploaded a snapshot from that movie and entered the solution to get to the movie-page fast for entering additional info.

Green frame around the input-box instead of white and "You did not score a point yet" instead of "You uploaded this shot".
    But not solved by me at least! ;-D
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    If you click on the little bulb (to get the solution of your shot), what message do you get this time?
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2021 edited
    There is no light bulb; it's in "New Submissions".
    Else: No change.

Anywhere else I get the solution if the shot is mine or I solved it anyway.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    I meant what is the exact message when you use the light bulb on your own shots
    • CommentAuthorgreyhound
    As I said.

And there is no light bulb in "New Submissions" where the problem I initially reported occurred.

How do I add a screenshot here?