Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.  permalink
    Hello there,

I wonder if it's technically possible to view snapshots in the "check-for-dupe-screen", which are not yet in the archive, but are already solved by the individual user. This way you could prevent accidential dupe uploads. What do you think?
  2.  permalink
    well if you already solved the shot you would probably remember it, but you never know so I think it's a good idea...
    • CommentAuthordekolta
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2010
    Maybe it is better that you can see at the movie page the shots in archive AND the shots you solved.

Then not only can check easily, but also if you didn't see that shot come by yet, someone else that solved it can easily find it without searching through the last 30 days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfnick
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2010
    Showing the solved ones on the movie page and on upload-check would be great. I see no reason not to do this (besides it needs to be implemented of course).

@Keyser_Soze: You are right, most people will remember they solved a similar shot. But if you solve shots in NS you surely won't know if it was rejected or made it to FF.
  3.  permalink
    @fnick now that's a good point...so that makes InsaneClown's idea a really good one, maybe admins can do something about it
  4.  permalink
    You guys are dupe freaks! ;)
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2010
    I had this idead 5 days ago:) hope it'll be implemented, but the current not-showing-archive-shots-who-are-actually-there-problem is more urgent than this feature:)

http://forum.whatthemovie.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=727&page=1#Item_48 5 days ago
    • CommentAuthorstuken
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2010
    yeah nice idea, also wanted to suggest it because i got this problem several times now :D
    • CommentAuthorPPKNHoneyB
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2010 edited
    I'll tell you what i do:
    To be sure a shot is not on FF, i search for possible tags of the shot i want to upload on the research bar.Of course there is always a risk of a shot with no tags or maybe with a tag you didn't think of..but is the best way i found to avoid dupes.=D (It usually works very well)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2010 edited
    -Nevermind, another discussion-