Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorDunedan
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2010
    Currently it is possible to get the title of a movie from snapshots in the archive by using the "show solution" button and solving the screenshots afterwards, which includes getting +1 for your solved snapshot count.
    I propose to disable the posibility to solve a snapshot after using the "show solution" functionality or at least to not include such solvings in the solved snapshot count.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2010
    It may say that you got the point, but if everything works correctly you won't actually get it. This, and the fact that solved archive shots don't count for any hall of fame, just a personal number on your profile.
    • CommentAuthorDunedan
    Right, it's just a number on my profile, but with the current behavior it's a complete meaningless number, because I could "solve" all archived snapshots this way and get one point per snapshot.
  1.  permalink
    Snapshots can be solved after you request the solution? I never knew this was possible.

But even if it is, there's no point to get by solving archive snapshots. As Asmodai said, the don't count for the HoF.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    As I said, the number on your profile shouldn't actually go up when you solve a snapshot you requested solution on some time in the past. If it does, this is a new bug. The page of the shot will say "congratulations, you solved the shot" etc., but I don't think the point will get counted to your number.
    And that number is, indeed, meaningless, since there are also other ways of getting the solution.
    • CommentAuthorzippe
    there are users who do background in black and white in 4:3,
    and I can assure you it is interesting to have the solution after 30 days.
    I love movies in black and white, but I have a lot to learn.
    WTM is there for that too, I think
    • CommentAuthorDunedan
    @Asmodai: Try ist out. You'll get the point.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    You are right, interesting. Best write a ticket (bottom of the page -> contact) and explain the bug.
    • CommentAuthorDunedan
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2010
    I didn't got any response to my mail to WTM, but it seems like this bug is fixed.