Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.  permalink
    So, I voted for deletion on #113855 because it's a dupe (#37317). I bookmarked the shots, because I always do when i vote for deletion. After a while, my vote disappear. The I voted again and two people agreed. After some time, the votes disappeared again.

Do deletion votes disappear if the shot is not deleted in a preestablished time?
    Or were they deleted by the uploader? If so, that is such an unfair behavior...

Anyway, I just had this doubt and decided to start a discussion. =)
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2010
    hi

well the shot is deleted
    but who deleted your votes I don't know
    probably the uploader
  2.  permalink
    I also had this problem several times and I know, this can be really annoying...
    Personally, I think, it is not a good idea to give users the permission to delete deletion votes others than their own. In my opinion this should be a right reserved to mods only, as I don't really see a benefit in it.
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    Well, like #111348 someone voted for deletion because of Black Bars, imo that's ridiculous and when after a week nobody joined his/her opinion I removed the vote...
    • CommentAuthorTalie
    #113855...
    This shot was mine and I just want to thank you Lord Myst and Lilliskywalker for accusing me of something, which I didn't do it... I didn't removed the deletion votes, and I don't have idea who did it. But of course first suspect is uploader...
  3.  permalink
    @ichbinesderelch
    Yeah, the idead is not that great, sometimes. There were some deletion votes that were complete bullshit, but most of them had something to do with unsuitable content and that was solved with the nudity tags. Nowadays, maybe there should be another option...

@Talie
    Look, I'm really sorry if I accused you of something you didn't do, but it's not like I started a discussion called "Talie deletes deletion votes". At first, I thought it was you, and I really thought about starting a discussion about people who delete others deletion votes. But when I started the topic I really had that doubt about votes disappearing after a while. After all, I don't think anyone here kills time by taking a look at their old uploads (speacilly when you have 128 of them). Again, sorry if it wasn't you.
    • CommentAuthorTalie
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2010
    I also apologize, I'm a little overdone , I admit. I know that just went on me with such a situation, but it felt strange. I didn't delete those votes, I can assure you.
    • CommentAuthorjoma
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2010
    so, similar problem here: I voted for deletion on #117056 and the vote is gone. this is pretty frustrating. wouldn't it be better if there was something like an automatic shout like "xyz deleted all deletion votes" and xyz could give his reasons if he/she wanted. atm it is not really transparent what happens and that kind of sucks...