Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2011
    This discussion is related to the thread "scaling" http://forum.whatthemovie.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=766 initiated by tlif (rip) and to the events that led to Palaniuk's self destruction http://forum.whatthemovie.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=807 (rip).

There are currently about 2000 or more new shots per month in the FF section, that's roughly 25000 new shots per year.
    The rate of acception being about 1/3, it means that each year we have to find 75000 new potentialy awesome shots !

According to imdb, 4471 movies have been released in the world and got more than 1000 votes on imdb between 2001 and 2010. That's something like 500 new movies each year that have been watched by a reasonable number of people.

It means that we'll have to find 50 new awesome shots in every newly released movie in the next years...

Of course we have all the history of cinema behind us, but the resource if finite and could be partially exhausted in a few monthes,

(down)scaling is an urgence now imho
    • CommentAuthorAntituur
    Thumbs up for the attempt to address this issue again, and for the maths that give just another good reason to take action. :-)

I think the other topics had many good ideas, although often incompatible. Maybe it's time for the powers that be to pick one that they judge sensible and that has a certain amount of support, and implement it.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    And again, to implement anything we need a coder.
    • CommentAuthorAntituur
    Do you already know what you would like to change should the coder be found?
    • CommentAuthorVinceNet
    I agree.

The no coder thing makes WTM sound like a boat without a captain :(
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Antituur: I don't, but naut is the guy who makes those decisions in the end.
    VinceNet: more like a ship without an engineer, but yes, it is.