Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2011 edited
    Sorry for the maintenance, it was a server issue and only tliff was able to correct it (in fact i fixed it myself by chance ahah). Anyway i just added my last changes with this quick needed update :

- pagination for bookmarks shots (not movies for now)
    - fixed links on bookmarks movies shots
    - fixed some cache issues
    - fixed some memorabilias text and issues
    - new memorabilia called "fast fingers", you will need 100 first solves to have it
    - added indian movies & hindi to alternative titles
    - fixed locked movies sorted alphabetically
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2011
    Great work Kinoute, I love it!:D
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2011
    You're my WTM-hero Kinoute!
    • CommentAuthorVinceNet
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2011
    wow, a new memoribilia! Awesome
    good job :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    good job kinoute :)) you're the best ;)
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    i have a fan club yeaaaaaah \o/

thanks all
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2011 edited
    Hello everyone, some fixes and changes this week :

- fixed rank 5 not showing on profiles
    - added shouting ban (be careful!)
    - added vault_admin for mods
    - you can now replace title shot, character shot, or vault shots when the contest is ended
    - you can now assign vault shots, character shots, as title shots or character shots
    - fixed old wtm supporters don't have the sandbag memorabilia anymore
    - fixed uploading a empty file problem (it was possible to upload without selecting a file before)
    - you can't from now delete vote deletion on your OWN shots (see the Enter Black Swan case, too much abuse). You have to enter a short reason every time from now too. (too many vote deletion without a reason, we didn't know why some users voted...)
    - fixed a lot of urls for french movies with accent
    - added some page for googlebot to handle page which don't exist anymore
    - removed show solution button for title and character shot (useless)
    - added a tons of trailers, abstracts, and Genre manually (please make the same, that takes two minutes when you add a movie!)
  1.  permalink
    How do you get shout banned ?
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2011
    There is no need for such a feature now but i made it just in case (spamming, user always speaking in their own language in shot/movie page, insults etc)
  2.  permalink
    The first one to get banned will probably be Pala haha^^
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Ah, now I can finally ban this annoying person called Scruffy, who keeps making fun of my rejected shots! :(
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    Will there also be a memorabilia for 200/300/400 etc. first solves? Just curious :-)
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    - fixed vote deletion problem on firefox and removed the "vote" button. Now just write a short reason and press Enter to vote (you must write a short reason to make a vote deletion)

@johannap not planned for the moment, its a unique memorabilia so i think if too many people have it, we will increase the number of first solved needed to have it, like 200, or 500.
  3.  permalink
    Kinoute, look.

I like what you're doing for this site.
    All the energy you put into this.

All that dedication --- and LOVE.

But while double checking your wonderful work, I stumbled into this :

What does it mean ?

The Palah.
    • CommentAuthorTor
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2011
    First of all great job with all the updates and fixes, I am new to the site but it has quickly consumed my life, and my brothers also, which brings me to my question.
    My brother (Kalipto) and I log in from the same IP address will this be a problem? Not sure if there is a way to prove this :)
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Just be careful with the votes, don't put a 10 on every shot of your brother, same thing for him, and it should be fine
    • CommentAuthorTor
    okely dokely! we have some fixing to do :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    That doesn't mean that you can't occasionally vote 10 on a particularly awesome shot of your brother ;) Just play fair and rate the shot, not the uploader.
    • CommentAuthorDunedan
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2011

Happens when you have solved the last snapshot, have enabled "show unsolved snapshots only" and visiting the snapshot before the last one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2011 edited
    I thought that the numbers in titles were not relevant. For example you could type "die hard" instead of "die hard 2". You could even type "thx" instead of "thx 1138" or "naked gun" instead of "naked gun 33 1/3" and it was ok.

But there is a shot in the NS http://whatthemovie.com/shot/156033 whose title is "something 2" (no spoilers) and "something" does not pass.

Same with comas "," which have sometimes to be put in the title.

Did you change something about that ?
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2011 edited
    No, we haven't change this. We still use the Levensthtein Distance ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levenshtein_distance ) to calculate if a guess is correct or not. For example, "Die hard with a vengeance" has an alternative title "Die Hard 3" so that's why it's working. Same thing for "Thx 1138", there is a german alternative title which is "thx". In this case (for your movie) there is no alternative title "something", Levenshtein must decline your guess "something" because of that. I think it's very very close for this case
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2011
    I must add :

Die hard 2 has also a "die hard" alternative title. And Levensthein works like this : if the title is very long, you can make more errors, it will be ok. I mean if you misspelled "Un long dimanche de fiancailles" for example, your guess will be still correct because the title has a lot of letters. But when the title is very short, Levenshtein does not allow a lot of errors, even zero i should say. That's the case for your movie i think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2011
    OK thanks kinoute
    • CommentAuthorLisanne
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2011
    Since a couple of days I do not receive the "Your Shot timed out in the queue‏" email anymore, and unfortunately it is not because all my shots got accepted. Are there more people with this problem?
    My settings haven't changed.
    • CommentAuthorKrakowiak
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2011
    Hello and thanks for the fixes and changes.
    About the first solves memorabilia, where can I find the number of first solves i already have ?
    Another question : are first solves on rejected snapshots included ?
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    yes there are included. You can't find your first solve score for now, it will be available in the Hall of Fame soon
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    That is not entirely true :P If you are a supporter, you can go to your supporter stats and in the second graph, go with your cursor all the way to the righ and in the textbox to the right there will be your amount of first solves, together with your archive and FF solves.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    yeah i forgot sorry (*waking up*) :o
  4.  permalink
    I don't know if someone else already asked this but, is there any more Memorabilia for FF shots solved?
    It goes :
    - 100 FF
    - 200 FF
    - 500 FF
    - 1000 FF
    - 3000 FF
    - 5000 FF
    - 7000 FF
    - 10000 FF
    - 15000 FF
    - 20000 FF

When is the next one : 40000 FF ?
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2011
    not planned for the moment
    • CommentAuthoralex68
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2011 edited
    I hate to ask more from you when you are doing so much, but I noticed that there are users (honour to them!) who started to add movies from "new" and different countries not available in the WTM language/flag option list, like:

- thai - Thailand
    - serbian - Yugoslavia/Serbia
    - BTW, thanks for adding "czech"! [edited]

I really appreciate if you can add them :)

Thanks a lot!
    • CommentAuthorlukablurr
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2011
    a suggestion: wouldn't it be fair if the uploader couldn't vote its own snapshot? (just as it is for guessing the snapshot)
    • CommentAuthorrulo
    What would be the point, everybody votes 10 for their own shots, so at the end it has no influence at all
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2011 edited
    alex: no problem i'll see if i can add it this week, winterwolf already asked me to add thai but i forgot
    • CommentAuthorlukablurr
    @rulo: in fact the initial idea was to restrict it to uploader's IP but i believe that would be overkill for the server. i'm sure that not everybody votes their own snapshot with 10. i didn't do it at the beginning, but after i noticed how my snapshots ratings 'strangely' fluctuated in a couple of hours before the first 24hrs limit.
    • CommentAuthorlukablurr
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2011
    @kinoute: a little bug report - for http://whatthemovie.com/shot/161661, on both uploader and first solver's profile pages you can see that the URL begins with 'forum.'. Also you can see the 'Login' link although I'm logged in. i don't know which is the replication scenario but here is the screenshot:

• CommentAuthorAsmodai
    You are logged in on http://whatthemovie.com, NOT on forum.whatthemovie.com :P
    This is a bug we are aware of, but it's a really weird one: it just happens on some shots, but after a day or so it has disappeared again, but later it appears in totally new shots.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    - added serbian & thai
    - fixed some weird things for series
  5.  permalink
    Any chance of improving uploading for character shots? I mentioned it here http://forum.whatthemovie.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=627#pgbottom
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    its on my todo-list but i have a lot of features to do before
    •  
      CommentAuthorKeyser_Soze
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2011 edited
    Excellent! No hurry, nice to know it's on the list :)
    • CommentAuthoralex68
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2011
    "- added serbian & thai"

A huge thanks!

I already edited/corrected all the Czech/Czechoslovak, Serbian/Yugoslavian and Thai movies that I could find... :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2011
    Popular contest = over capacity alligator :)
    • CommentAuthorVinceNet
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2011
    Just a little idea :
    I'm not sure why people keep deleting their rejected snaps, it doesn't matter, but if people favorited it, it's kinda sad to see it disappear. Could there be a reminder to people who are about to delete a shot which has been favorited by someone? So that they actually have to confirm before deleting it?

Good job and this can wait, ages
  6.  permalink
    A quick word to say that, since 2 days, WTM is fast, very fast !!
    2 secondes to upload any page, that's awesome !
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2011
    • CommentAuthorcrosbow
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2011 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2011
    @crosbow
    the question has been posed many times. tliff didn't believe it, arguing he was using a real random number generator. I don't know what to think. Like everybody I experienced "random" shots showing up again and again.
    • CommentAuthorWinterwolf
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2011
    @crosbow @efji

a change at the random button is maybe not necessary.

it will be better to add a new button (bottom the snapshot there is on the right side of favourit/bookmark/deletion/show solution a empty space) called maybe "don't show again at random" (maybe red cross signed). So you have never the problem to see a shot again you surely never can solve.
    • CommentAuthorcrosbow
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2011 edited