Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2011
    Otherwise it's a few extra lines of code for something that nobody really can abuse :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2011
    @crosbow
    pure bullshit !
    In addition self voting gives a (small) advantage to shots having less votes and that's a good thing since they are the less known movies usually.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    @crosbow
    saving "network, cpu time, db space, user's motion and thinking" by the supression of 1 vote per shot is nonsense.
    A drop of water in the ocean.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    Nice additions in the hall of fame @kinoute. Thank's a lot. I really hope this gives incentives to tag more shots :)
    It would be perfect if everybody could also see his/her personal rank, as in the normal HoF.
    • CommentAuthordoooom
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2011 edited
    I always kinda liked this "everyone votes 10 on his own shots" argument. Who knows what everyone does? I personally don't like voting on my own shots and usually don't do it. For example the only shots in the current vault i haven't voted on are my own.

For the new Hall of Fames: They're very nice. Good work kinoute. It's nice to see how different people contribute in different ways to this website. Some by posting reviews, others by adding tags and others by adding trailers. But to see your own position if you're not in the top 10 would be nice, i've got to agree with fungus on that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRazzomega
    Yeah the new HoF's are great :D! I like it really much.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    efji and crosbow, play nice ;) No reason to start being rude.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2011
    crosbow next time you want to make a suggestion maybe you should stop behaving like a throwin' feces animal and actual user of the site. getting on people's profiles and crapping their shous and then coming in here and posting your ideas about their sites makes you look like a joke.
    • CommentAuthorcrosbow
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2011 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorsati
    It's been stated repeatedly that crapping somebody's shout regardless of their content and just to do so is not ok.
    Getting on my profile and taking few hundreds of bucks from my account than crapping on people's shouts on my account and getting on their profiles and doing the same is not something you're "free to do". The only thing you are "free to do" about it is talking to your shrink about that behaviour. You did it yesterday, you did it today. Because of you I'm unable to earn any bucks because you take them from my account almost on daily basis.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Sati, when I say "play nice, no reason to start being rude", that also means YOU (and everybody else). Take a hint.

This goes for everyone: If anyone has problems with another user, on the forum or on the website, contact the mods about this or ignore it. Do not start your own personal flaming wars.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    I did contact the mods but you fail to do anything. How can I play this game when somebody is making it impossible for me? Do your work, take a hint.
    "No reason to start being rude"? Really? I say someone getting on people's profiles and harassing them on daily basis is a very good reason. You said you heard many complaints about crosbow once. Maybe the time has come to finally do something about it.
    • CommentAuthortoffetomas
    @sati come on, someone is crapping your shouts, whats the big deal?
    don't make such a drama, nobody is making it impossible for you to play the game.
    you get a few bucks less, who cares, you really cant do a thing with them, its just a number!

so please stop making problems about nothing, or just stop playing at all.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    The fact that you do not SEE us do anything directly, does not mean that we are not discussing things behind the scenes. Please be patient and trust us.

Also, the game is about solving and uploading shots (and in your case also reviews), your amount of bucks has nothing to do with this.
    @crossbow you can crap as many shouts if you want, it would be ridiculous to get banned for that..
    voting for deletion or voting 1 is something else, you need a legitimate reason for voting for deletion, you cant just go vote for deletion on whatever you want. this is not absurd at all, its common sense. and even writing it in capital letters wont make this ridiculous statement more true.
    now just go play the game.. (and crap some shouts)
    the FAQ is not always right, but luckily we've got a brain of our own to think for ourselves and otherwise there's always some kind people to help us out when we understand something wrong.. anyway, you cant just vote for deletion without a valid reason, this makes sense, doesnt it?

and if i read the FAQ it says:
    "Vote-Delete function
    Everybody with set rank 3 (Clapper Loader) or higher is qualified to start a Vote-Delete. If you think a snapshot violates the 5 Golden Rules of Uploading state a short reason and hope for more people to think your way. If a total of 5 people think the shot is inapropiate, it is deleted automatically."
    So the shot has to violate a rule.. you cant vote for deletion just beacuse you dont like it..
    i dont read 'gather enough people who dont like the shot'..
    • CommentAuthorcrosbow

i didnt find it confusing and almost nobody has a problem with it, but maybe it could be made more clear.
    Anyway, im glad that you do understand it now, which is the most important.. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2011 edited
    torfetomas "you can crap as many shouts if you want, it would be ridiculous to get banned for that.. " "stop makin problems about nothing"?

the mods have made it clear it's not all right to crap on somebody's shouts regardless of their content. just a number? the ranks you get with bucks are awarded for contributions and give you privilages, such as voting for deletion, replacing shots etc. How on earth can somebody take it away from users and not get punished? And you keep encouraging him to continue abusive behaviour towards another user of this site, well done. People get bans for voting 1 for no reason. But crapping on 1000 on more of my shouts in the row is all right? That is insane. I'm not an only one. He did it to at least 5 other users.If that site was only about shots then fine, but I thought it was a community. Apparantly it's just the place where everyone can do whatever the hell they want.

And as for me it is now impossible to play - I can't compliment someone about the shot, I can't leave shouts to my fellows because that freak goes there and goes as far as crapping my private conversations for 30 pages on their profile. It is now inconvience not only for me but also for my fellows. I do not want somebody to crap on shouts of people I like on my profile nor I imagine anybody else wants for this to happen.
    • CommentAuthorcrosbow

• CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2011
    Right. Since this is turning into a sati-bashing-contest, here goes an official warning:

The thumb up/down thing is only if you consider the contest of the shout bad, rate the shout, not the shouter. If we notice anybody abusing it from now on, there will be severe consequences. Also, this semi-flame war between you people ends NOW. This topic is about fixes and changes to the website, not to complain because you are being bullied, or to show off because you're man enough to bully somebody over the internet.
    • CommentAuthorcrosbow

•  
      CommentAuthorsati
    what the hell are you talking about. I talk with my fellows, master-spammer? What? you need help. You get points on twitter for talking? That's the first I hear. I got my points from reviews, voting and talking with people via shouts. I like reading nice shouts on my shots, so I reciprocate. What do you care who I talk to and about what?

Asmodai this is my last comment in this matter. I expect you will bring those severe consequences.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Consequences have been brought.
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    my theory on this:

crosbow is in love with sati and just tries to gain her attention in some way :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsati
    Thank you and I appologize If I flooded the thread. Won't happen again.

Fireball -:) for future refrence - I do enjoy flowers.
    • CommentAuthorcrosbow

• CommentAuthorAsmodai
    No, just as people won't get fines for giving their neighbours flowers, but will have problems if they keep throwing stones at them.
    • CommentAuthorcrosbow

1.  permalink
    Right...Great job with the hall of fame, nice to see all those statistics :)
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2011 edited
    does anyone still have the overview error ? (MisterZob, Basai, Vito??)
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2011
    It seems to be working now. :)
    But since it was working once in a while, I'll get back to you later, when I'm sure. ;)
  2.  permalink
    I had the same problem with the overview but it seems to be working ok now...hope it will last :P
    Great work kinoute
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2011
    It still worked this morning, it still works now. Looks like it's fixed. Thanks! :)
    • CommentAuthorTor
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2011
    Not sure if this has been brought up but some of the movie covers don't match the movie. For example, Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind has an Alien cover and it wont' save when i change the cover. If more example are helpful I can make a more extensive list.
    • CommentAuthorTor
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2011
    I was going through the feature films and got a few shots that I filter and thought maybe it would be a good idea if it was implemented so that the gore and/or nudity which is filtered in your settings do not show up at all when you do a random search.
    If it's easy to do of course, it's not a problem to skip the snaps that show up which are filtered.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2011 edited
    little update

- fav movies & fav series on your profile show the start title shot instead of the best rating shot if they have one (if you see a end shot instead that means people uploaded it first...)
    - voting banned people can't fav shots anymore
    - change password feature on your settings page
    - Set Decorator & higher can edit director on the movie page
    - Set Decorator & higher can edit or delete broken videos
    - Support of #links and @username links in your biography (for people who like to list theirs SOTDs)
    - some admins/mods stuff coded
    - various fixes

coming up:

- new memorabilias, new HoFs and more
  3.  permalink
    Awesome change about the title shots showing on faves, looks much better :) Great work!
    I don't know if someone else has pointed this, but Executive Producer memorabilia doesn't show a text cloud when you hover the mouse.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2011
    i'll check that when i'll find why this site is going down every two days... ***SIGH***
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2011
    Hope naut will send you an extra big cookie box this christmas, kinoute.
    Great work! Especially the password change feature...was waiting for a long time for this since my password used to be a bit easy...changed now. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2011
    yes very good work kinoute .. thank you :)
  4.  permalink
    A little something not really important, I'm just curious: it is possible to edit our forum profile and even add extra information to it, but when we click someone's name, we're redirected to the WTM profile... is there a way to see other user's forum profiles or such profiles "don't exist"?
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2011
    They don't exist for now since like you said we redirect the username to WTM. But i was thinking about updating the forum, change a little bit the design and include avatar & infos directly from WTM.

Just an idea though.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2012 edited
    - fixed end title shot showing up in the favmovies instead of the start title shot, same in movie page
    - fixed notifications sent before features were totally finished like rejecting shots (you will still have errors because of the mail server borked but fellowship requests etc will be done though)
    - fixed some deleted users showing up in the search, in the movie page, in the profile page etc
    - only 3 genres are now listed in the movie page to don't break the line (you can see all the genres in the info tab)
    - new movie search page (just for testing), movies are now listed by year and with a snapshot (the last uploaded shot in the archive or the start title shot or "no shot") ex: http://whatthemovie.com/search?t=movie&q=the+big
    - fixed scruffy who likes to reupload trailers even if an user has uploaded one
    - fixed scruffy always updating abstracts even if an user wrote one
    - minor fixes

that's it for this morning! the website could be a little slow but it should be ok in a couple of hours
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2012
    Nice work kinoute, I love the new movie search page, really great!
    • CommentAuthorlukablurr
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2012
    let me just tell ya that I admire any improvement made to this great website. Kinoute being a film student (as I read somewhere on the site) and investing time to bring new features and fix bugs, it's just wow for me. thumbs up for you, Mr. Kinoute! and the new feature against GI cheaters is as well impressing. I may suggest some other little changes against cheating but I'm afraid it will raise up some negative reactions from the community.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2012
    Lukablurr: you can still send me an email directly to talk about it
    Kinoute on gmail com
  5.  permalink
    I really like the new movie search. So good to have a picture in the list !
    And about GI, I can't wait to see solvers behaviours during the next contest...
    Great work, Kinoute, as usual !
    • CommentAuthoralex68
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2012 edited
    I just noticed it now too... Visually excellent, brilliant work kinoute!
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2012
    I just noticed a new tab in the HoF devoted to contests.
    Good job kinoute.2 remarks :

1/ It could be interesting to see your own ranking below the contest HoF (just like on the regular HoF).
    2/ The top contest shot is interesting. Maybe you could do the same for the FF shots.