Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2012
    and there seems to be a little bug in the SotD-Player HoF. It's the only HoF (at least of those where I'm in the top 10) where my name isn't highlighted.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    Argh
    The top SotD has been added, but the top tag adder disappeared !
    I'll stop adding tags :)
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    @efji i added your position (you need to be at least 999th)
    @fungus fixed i think
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    @kinoute yes, it works now. Thank's.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2012 edited
    - new tag search page design
    - character/title/contest shots added in the tag search
    - fixed green/red/white lines which didn't appear anymore in overview
    - if your favourite shot is a SOTD, the SOTD banner will appear on your profile
    - started a SOTD "gallery" on profile for WTM supporters instead of the "favourite shot", you can see a very EARLY version on my profile http://whatthemovie.com/user/kinoute
    - disabled the upload button at the last step of the uploading process to avoid dupes
    - fixed the subscription of the replacer when a shot is reverted
    - fixed HoF contests
    - two new memos (thanks to Pzy for that), one for old moderators, one for 35k FF solves. There will be more, we're taking our time
    - You can now win one Awesome Upload every time your shot becomes Snapshot of the Day
    - You can only add the SotD tag to a sotd shot and you can't delete the tag if the shot is a SotD (an user deleted all the tags a few weeks ago...)
    - readded the # of shots/movies in the search and also others searches possibilities
    - Various admins/mods stuff

Working on :

- new memos
    - limitation of uploads per user for the same movie
    - fix the mail server
    - fix supporter stats
    - update the forum and integrate it to the website with your personal infos etc
    - more covers for your shelf
    - more ajax (tag, alternative title, genre, first solver)
    - add "solution is ready" feature in bookmarks
    - optimize the whole website (!)
    - operators for tag & movie search
    - group/team feature (!)
    - narrow keys navigation (that will be optional)
    - Statistics page (i know some love numbers)

***Discussing*** about:

Buying AU with bucks (!!)
    • CommentAuthorWinterwolf
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2012
    @kinoute

nice :)

this SotD Gallery works at the moment only on your own profile, right?
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    yes, if people are interested i'll develop a better version and will make it available for WTM supporters as an option (in the popup where you choose your favourite shot).
    Yes if you ask me! I think its a bit inconvenient to scroll with the mouse wheel. And i just found it out accidentally, because of your comment here i known that there should be something, needed some time to find out how it works. Maybe a button to press on the left/right side for next/previous will be nice, at least to know there is now more than this one shot to see. Or add an explanation that you can scroll there.
    Or its maybe better to add a new gallery for SotD? like already here New Submissions, Recent Feature Film Uploads, Favorite Snaps, Movies etc. A gallery give you the best overview.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    the pagination is obviously planned with next & previous buttons. For a big SotD gallery, i don't know, i mean i don't have really ideas about how to make it, i think the tag search with "SotD" is enough for now but if we decide to make a snapshot of the week/month/year, yes we will definitely need something better

edit: and i didn't think about the scroll, i just focused on the auto slider
    • CommentAuthoralex68
    We like a lot and http://whatthemovie.com/shot/185373 you do and you're going to http://whatthemovie.com/shot/147707 for us all :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    Great stuff, thnx kinoute.
    I noticed another small mistake you already fixed in one place. In the contest HoF seems to be the same problem as was in the SotD HoF a few weeks ago (see above April 7th). The own name is not highlighted when in the top twenty.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    And if you're still taking new things on your to do list it would really be great if the search results for movies could be ordered alphabetically. Now it seems to be chronologically which means you have to know the year the movie was released if there are a lot of search results (try searching for Up e.g., it gives you 737 results). If you don't know the year you're in trouble.
    Even better would be if you could select if you liked the search results in alphabetical or chronological order. This would be the cream of the crop.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2012
    hmm that HoF is really annoying! i'll try to find what's wrong. For the movie search, yeah i changed it some weeks ago, the results are now ordered by year but it was just a test and i'm 100% open to new ideas about it. Asmodai for example asked if the search could first check the original titles, then the alternatives titles. For example, if i want to search movies with "la grande" ("the big" in english), the results should show first the movies which contain "la grande" in their original title, then the movies which contain "la grande" in their alternative titles. What do you think ? It could be also ordered alphabetically.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2012
    No idea if it is possible, but maybe do my previous suggestion and then sort the different categories by match? For example, Up matches up 100%, but Shoot 'em Up only 20%.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2012
    i finally fixed the mail server, all notifications should be working now, the feedback form too, and the "forgot password" feature too.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Awesome!
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    - fixed the mail server (all notifications should work now, feedback message, "forget password" feature etc)
    - fixed HoF contests
    - fixed some weird stuff with the friends feature
    - fixed error 500 with weird usernames
    - the movie search checks first the original titles like before
    - when a vote for deletion is started on one of your shots, you will now receive a scruffy shout about it (beta)
    - admins/mods stuff
  1.  permalink
    Great work, kinoute. Thanks !
    • CommentAuthorstuken
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2012
    nice work kinoute! i would be interested in the sotd overview feature :) and i m glad to hear the mail server is back :)
    • CommentAuthorMallemout
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2012
    Been off for a while and now found out that quite a few features were added so let me start by saying brilliant work; i love it. Ill go in search of some more awesome shots and see if I can land me a SotD.

After working a bit with the navigation keys, this is a BIG improvement , it really makes it simpler for me to navigate through the shots. It brought me to an idea. We now have three keys to use. Up arrow which is clicking the random next shot button. Left for going to the previously posted picture and right to go to the next posted picture. Is it possible to program the down arrow to go to the previous picture you were at? Sometimes I go through shots to quickly see whats posted, then after a few shots I know for instance the shot I saw three shots before. So I would really love it if the down arrow worked like the back button of the browser.

For the rest , nothing but love, keep up the good work.
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    A little bug. I don't know if it has been mentioned. If so I apologize for posting it again.

If you solve the latest screenshot, and then move to the second to last screenshot, and can't solve this one, you can't use the left arrow to move to the third to last screenshot.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    yeah i noticed that, i'll try to find a solution soon. Its because the "next" button is disabled when you have solved the last shot, it breaks the feature (the arrow keys nav only clicks for you on the next/prev/random button)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2012
    If you haven't rated shots in contests, you won't be able to see their rating even after the contest is over.
  2.  permalink
    Hi, I don't know if anyone already asks that but : would it be possible in the "rankings" thing to see how many first solves we have ? And same for animation shots and b/w shots so we could know if we're near or not to a memorbilia :)
    • CommentAuthorSolhanne
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2012
    First Solves is visible for supporters.
  3.  permalink
    You're right sorry! Doesn't appear on the hall of fame but in the supporter stats, good point !
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2013 edited
    - fixed blank pages issue
    - fixed stats in the footer
    - fixed supporter stats (still importing the old stats)
    - fixed "hours ago" bug
    - fixed deleted users who reappear on reviews etc
    - fixed ratings on ended contests which don't appear
    - added croatian as a movie language
    - added 3 new SotDs memos (5,50,100) thanks to Pzy
    - added the hiding of the overall rating until the SotD is chosen (also for contests, and the poster's name is back, let's see)
    - added the old design for the forum
    - added some extensions back (auto link, permalink to a post)
    - *moderation stuff*

•  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2013
    Great job man !
    Let's see...
    • CommentAuthorvepro
    really, great job
    keep up the good work
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacMono
    Great job! Thanks!
    • CommentAuthoralex68
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2013 edited
    Brilliant work, as always!

It's so great to have a fluid playing experience again and not having to repeatedly press "enter" to solve a shot, clicking "next" and just reaching a blank page, trying to upload a shot and seeing the errorgator at every step, watching in the overview rated shots "unrated" and having to rate them one more time, adding tags and akas twice or more before they finally appear... It was really annoying and frustrating.

A HUGE thanks!

Oh, and a well deserved applause to @Pzy for his magnificent golden & silver lion (unpardonably missing :) ) and for the shining Bafta award memo too!
  4.  permalink
    Great job kinoute and hooray for croatian :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorJakeBlues
    I really love the new Leone d'Argento memorabilia... Thanks! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRigborg
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2013
    Thanks for the good work kinoute, fantastic to see things running more smoothly again :)
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2013
    Thanks Kinoute!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2013
    Indeed, great work. Thanks Kinoute.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2013
    some minor fixes for tonight:

- Fixed Scruffy's avatar (IMPORTANT!)
    - Scruffy is able to grab informations again for new/old movies (genres, director, trailer, characters...)
    - When you check "show unsolved only", you won't see anymore your own shots using the previous/next buttons
    - Shouts on title/character shots will always have the spoiler option off even if the box is checked (we can't solve the shots so...)
    - Fixed some users who didn't have a flag at all
    - Fixed bookmarks which were not private completely (using the direct url)
    - The delete feature for your account is now back and automatic
    - Added a Newsletter preferences in the settings (enabled by default, you will receive a monthly email about what's going on here soon)
    - Temp. removed the 1 SotD memo, temp. replaced the 1.6k uploads memo with the Wall-E Boot Plant (a good chance it's gonna be replaced too, I'm never satisfied)
    • CommentAuthorstuken
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2013
    i'm sooooo glad scruffy's avatar is fixed ;D you do a very good job @kinoute, seriously!
    got a suggestion :) i would like to fav a character shot i uploaded myself. could it be possible to implement this? i for sure understand why i can't fav my own shots out of ff or archive, but at characters it makes no difference if it's faved or not, doesn't it? would be joyful ^^
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2013
    I'll try to do something about it
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2013
    kinoute, it seems that you removed deleted users from the HoF.
    Destroyer disapeared and I climbed one place in the HoF of first solvers :)
    (and almost everybody too).
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Yeah, I deleted every (first) solve from some (big) deleted users. I mean some like Destroyer, Finix and other names I forgot. They deleted their accounts so 1) lets clean up the solves table 2) lets remove this "first solved by: deleted user" message which I hate! The first solver will be automatically updated (with the "2nd" solver) as soon as there is an activity on the shots.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    You mean I'll get a first solve for every second solve behind Destroyer, finix etc.. ?
    A big bunch of them !
    Just like getting an olympic gold medal or a tour de France 10 years after because everybody ahead of you has been proved cheating.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Nice surprise, huh? ;)
    Anyways, just to make this clear: the first solves were NOT deleted because of cheating, just because they deleted their profile: in my eyes you decide to do this and then also lose all achievements gained with it. Also, otherwise it would just be impossible to gain HoF-status for newer players. More like suddenly being the best player in the world, cause the previous nr. 1 retired ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2013 edited
    You're right. Asmo. My comparison was not fair to old deleted players.

BTW: what about the uploaders ?
    How to avoid "uploaded by deleted user" ?
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2013
    Mods are cleaning/deleting bad shots from deleted users but when they are fine, we keep them :(

- Added a batman memo for 1.6k uploads, if fungus/Zob/LePaposaure/Asmodai/RDPL55/Basai/Winterwolf/LordMyst/theoffice911 could give their opinion about it, could be cool. Enough classy between the blue key & HAL9000 or not enough? I think it's the third we try with Pzy :@
    - you can now unassign character shots if you are PM+ (clicking on the skull)
    @kinoute

i don't know about the 1600 memo, and i even don't know about i ever get this 1600 uploads, but we talked a time ago and you told me about the idea to make a memo for people who uploaded the first shot for a movie, the WALL·E plant in the shoe will be the perfect memo for it :)

to the "deleted users" problem: why don't show the uploaders name instead uploaded by deleted user? And if you point the uploader with mouse, you gain usally the name+profile picture+rank to see, for deleted accounts maybe name+account deleted picture(Pzy needs more work haha)+instead of rank the info "Account deleted"
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2013 edited
    Just for fun some memos we made with Pzy and never used because they were too crappy (or barely used):

- Martini (007) - 1.6k uploads
    - Thor - 1.6k uploads
    - Wall E - 1.6k uploads
    - Leon's Plant - 1.6k uploads
    - Oz red Shoes - 1.6k uploads
    - Doctor *I don't remember his name from Futurama* - Retired Staff
    - Phantom of The Opera - Solves
    - Moon - 200 b/w shots
    - LOTR - Solves
    - Blade (Runner?) Gun - First solves
    - Donnie Darko - ??
    - The Maltese Falcon - ??
    - Frankenstein - ??
    - Watchmen - solves
    - La Palme d'or v1 - SotDs
    - Sundance Festival award (I don't remember) - SotD
    - Prix Romy Schneider - SotD
    - Drive - 1.6k uploads or w/e
    - Ice Age - ??

And a lot I probably forget/haven't on my Mac
    • CommentAuthorPzy
    • CommentAuthoralex68
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2013 edited
    Am I the only one who loves the Méliès' Moon one? And I don't dislike at all the Maltese Falcon or Frankenstein's Head (maybe in a different color?), and not for obvious reasons... but it's probably because I have bad taste, lol! :)

Nevertheless, thanks a lot for the great work (past, present, future and also for these not used), Pzy! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2013 edited
    i love the melies moon too !.... the jacket of drive is very nice too :)