Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2013
    - you can now delete characters, they should not be reimported again by scruffy
    - you can now delete genres too, they won't be reimported by scruffy
    - fixed magically accepted email notification
    - fixed rating of our own shots in the NS overview
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    great
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    But the text should of course be "One of your shots was accepted to be IN feature films"..
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2013
    - fixed typo in emails
    - added auto-focus for unregistered users
    - fixed 3 characters limit for tag when uploading
    - fixed wrong number of shouts on shots

For people using the arrow keys nav feature:

- The feature is now disabled when you are writing a shout
    - You can now fav/unfav a shot using alt+f
    - You can now bookmark/unbookmark a shot using alt+b

it's a very early version, combinaisons might change and of course, voting using the keyboard is planned, I'm just not sure right now how to do it properly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacMono
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2013
    Cool, nice new feats! Thanks kinoute.
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2013
    "For people using the arrow keys nav feature:
    - The feature is now disabled when you are writing a shout"

Very good !
    • CommentAuthorvepro
    great stuff, that was very frustrating.
    now if you could manage to make the same thing with showing the solution and voting
    it will truly be a dream come true

alt + s for showing the solution
    alt + number for voting

if it is possible, I know nothing about programing and stuff...
  1.  permalink
    Great improvements !
    • CommentAuthorfafner
    I’ve noticed the same thing as @Zo0 - when we create new character there is no option to add name of an actor

see what I mean here: http://whatthemovie.com/movie/oblivion+2013/characters
    there are 4 characters created, all of them with the same inscription - “Unknown Actor” (although there are properly imported ones in the panel of Inactive Characters).

The thing is that I cannot edit actor’s name, or even add it while creating new character. Is it possible to fix that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2013 edited
    I have noticed a strange thing that happens from time to time, and may be difficult to reproduce:
    In NS I am sometimes quite sure of a solution. I type it and the system answers it is the wrong title. I don't bother. But if this shot goes to FF, I try again the title and then it works!

It happened today with http://whatthemovie.com/shot/289158

I am almost sure it is not a mispelling since the title is stored in my browser (this movie comes again frequently): I only type the begining of the title and it is automaticaly completed.

Maybe kinoute could check in some kind of log the sequence of titles I've tried yesterday.

Hopefuly it happens very rarely.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    @fafner this feature has not been implemented yet and won't be for now until I find a good way to handle manual entries submitted by players and automatic entries taken by our API

@efji your mind is playing with you! nothing wrong on our side ^^
    •  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2013 edited
    i've seen the same case , like @efji ,

i think someone 's deleted the french title without ","
    and so if you wrote the title without "," it was a false answer
    but now if you see the title page ,the last title added is the french title without "," .... so now it's a good answer ;)
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    I definitely need to add "," to the articles the code needs to ignore
    • CommentAuthorErtai
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2013
    - The feature is now disabled when you are writing a shout

Great job! You could also fix that for the "Search Movie/User/Tag"-Panel.
  2.  permalink
    @efji

got this problem long time ago, while the annoying chily crododile phase. Red Crosses when entering the right answer. But since never again. But a friend (since 1 year or more not playing anymore) got no DSL and with his slow connection he get often errorgator while opening NS (FF was not that problem to open and play) and if he got sometimes the NS overview open, he get tons of red crosses with the correct movie. At FF he gain always the green message that he guessed the movie.

At errorgator phase the wtm server was the problem, by my friend the slow internet connection... If you are now the only one, who got this problem, you have maybe a connection problem too or something else. If you ever have the problem again, try this 2 things:
    1. hit enter several times again if the first try fails, i got in that annoying errorgator phase always somehow after 4-5 tries the green mark
    2. wait 10 min. or more and try the same shot in the NS again.

If you get with 1 method the green mark, you can be sure, your connection loose packages or something else is wrong. Maybe just for some seconds or less of a second.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2013 edited
    - rewrote the whole arrow key nav
    - disabled the arrow keys nav feature when searching
    - you can now ask the solution with alt+s (if you use the arrow keys nav)
    - if you use a modifier key, the feature should be disabled too (like alt+left should go to the previous page on your browser but not go to the previous shot anymore)
    • CommentAuthorvepro
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2013
    @kinoute, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2013 edited
    DVD covers/shelf are now back, things to know:

- All the previous covers were deleted and your shelfs too (we use a complete different system now so it was not recoverable)
    - We have no covers from now (well 1k max), covers are being reimported slowly by visiting movie pages (its laggy on first load then its fine)
    - From now on, Scruffy will import automatically covers for movies which have just been added
    - Every two weeks Scruffy will check if there are new covers for any movie and add them

I'll try to modify the display of the covers (alphabetically I think) and also add an upload feature
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2013 edited
    already 10k covers!

edit: 22k
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2013 edited
    35k covers from 10k movies were imported in 2 days, you can start to fill your shelf if you want. Still importing
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2013
    - fixed wrong number of shouts on the homepage (it's cache related so it might take a few hours)
    - fixed typo in email when you have a deleted shot
    - added vietnamese as language
    - your title shots are now displayed in order but only for you, the other players will still see them randomly
    - 50k covers were imported so now 98% of movies added on WTM have at least one cover
    •  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    you're simply the best! ;)
    • CommentAuthorErtai
    There is one more thing with the arrow navigation:
    I understand that pressing right or left during typing in a solution will lead you to the previous or next shot.
    But would it be possible to remove the "pressing up function" while one is in the drop down menu for selecting an already existing solution? It's really frustrating when you pushed down one entry too far and by reflex press up. Instead of solving the shot you are on a random snapshot page^^
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2013
    Not possible, sorry
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2013 edited
    I just introduced the auto-complete feature for @nicknames on shots page. It's a version early version so it might change a bit:

Basically when you will write "@", it will give you some suggestions to help you write users name faster. Users listed are:

- The poster
    - The first solver
    - Any player who vote deleted
    - Any player who shouted
    - Any player who faved the shot (supporters only)
    - The staff

You can use the up/down arrow key to select the username and press enter (or write some characters of the username and press enter when there is only one selection left). I already know that I have to exclude our own username if we are in the list but I forgot!

edit: fixed
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    @kinoute

Sounds great. It displays to supporters who favourited a shot (which is not availble up to now).

But it is buggy, at least with firefox (linux or MacOS): only "MrZob/Asmodai/kinoute" are available. Other players are quickly displayed but cannot be selected.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Supporters should be able to see who favourited their shots since forever! I don't get it:

and if you click on the icon:

The bug you're talking about is related to the emplacement of your pointer I guess. Maybe if your pointer is where the list is created, it will scroll automatically to the bottom.
  3.  permalink
    Great feature !
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2013
    @kinoute. I thought you made it for all the shots, not only those you uploaded yourself.
    I just tried again and it works well now.
    Thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2013
    @kinoute 15 oct

The number of shouts displayed on home page is still wrong. Even after clearing the cache.
    Not a so big issue. Just for information.
  4.  permalink
    @kinoute
    Simply grrrreat work so far!!!
    As you can see on my page, I was a good boy and I refilled my shelf with aprrox. 80% of all my (owned) movies so far.
    I hope the alphabetic order system will work soon, so it will be much easier to avoid dupes :-)
    ...and maybe one day we can put our movies in any order by drag and drop (I'm just dreaming ;-)))
    ...and maybe, maybe another day a cover will appear in the language in which it was typed (another wet dream of mine)
    Talking about the languages: It is very interesting to see, how different the cover art can be in different countries.
    Therefore, I sometimes hardly recognize my movie, esp. when there is a large number of suggestions (e.g. Dracula).
    On the other hand WTM's language is english, so the covers should probably only appear in english as well....
    ...hard decision...
    But the suffering is at high level, so dear kinoute, continue your brilliant work as Kill Bill's Kiddo did: "First things first!"
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2013
    - You can now vote with alt+X if you have the arrow keys navigation enabled. It's a very early version:
    alt+1 to 9 rates the shot 1 to 9
    alt+0 rates the shot 10

- You should be asked to provide a webstore link at the end of the uploading process if you try to upload a shot from a recent released movie (2013/12) with no shot in the db
    •  
      CommentAuthorMacMono
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2013
    Brilliant! Thanks kinoute!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLePaposaure
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2013 edited
    Awesome ! Thanks Kinoute !
    *edit : for the rating "10", only the "à" key works, the "0" from the keypad doesn't.
  5.  permalink
    no big thing, but its maybe possible if you add a new movie to upload a shot, it should be not necessary to enter the captcha... people like RDPL55 and some other like me, who add much new movies, will have some less of this annoying captchas!
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2013
    - i think i fixed the number of shouts on the homepage
    - added a limitation of 3 shots/assignement for a character per user
    - improved the webstore feature
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2013 edited
    Yes. "Number of shouts" problem fixed.
    Thanks
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2013
    - improved the shots flags (if there is no "primary" language/alternative title, it shows the "hidden" flags automatically): http://whatthemovie.com/shot/275377 - http://whatthemovie.com/shot/278480
    - changed the text in the settings about the keyboard shortcuts
    • CommentAuthorPzy
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2013 edited
    Nothing major but when I want to add a new movie there doesn't appear the "My movie is not listed. Create a new one." button when the searche engine found similar movies, I have to write "sda2jngasl4" then.

Could you always show the button?
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2013
    Actually you don't have to write anything. Leave it blank and the button will show.
    • CommentAuthorPzy
    Works! Thanks for information.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Searching for the tt-number also works, since you need to open IMDB anyways to add the movie. This way you can avoid problems caused by the movie being there under the wrong name (I think we got most, but there are probably still some old ones there).

Also works for the regular movie search, when you can't find a movie with a weird title! (e.g., foreign titles with spelling mistakes or something).
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2013 edited
    - added 20k first solves memo
    - The rating of your shots is now showed only after 24h into the NS to get a more accurate notation
    - i accidentally released the new ranks (without new privileges) so if you lose some of your privileges, it's normal, sorry

edit: updated the faq with the new structures, fixed some privileges already
    • CommentAuthorfafner
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2013
    Oh, now I need only 4 years to become studio boss ;)
    • CommentAuthordoooom
    I really like that your own votes are hidden now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    i really don't like that the votes are hidden..... it's a bad surprise after 23h ! i prefer to see the votes !
    • CommentAuthorPzy
    I personally think it's better if its hidden, when it's hidden until the next day my wish became true.:)

@Zo0
    You will get used to it.
    If you see your good rating drop each hour it comes closer to the 24h mark or see directly the bad rating doesn't really matter or?^^
    •  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2013 edited
    it's only my opinion.... i like to see the first votes... ;)
  6.  permalink
    Watching how rating goes up and down during time was one of my addictions. I will stop smoking if you put it back :)
  7.  permalink
    Whoah! My first rating after 24h, not a very good one, It's horrible because it's a blow in the face without warning!