Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorDadida
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2011
    I see a lot of stills that, if you do a quick search look remarkably simmilar to 1080p or 720p stills from Russian and Asian torrent sites.
    Can be a coincidence of course.

But also the other way around. Beautiful stills that were posted here first, that appear on other sites later.

The latter of course is a great compliment for the still poster :)
    • CommentAuthorDadida
    Some of the same looking stills are just that: looking the same, but actually different if you look closely.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    Yes, we have noticed a lot of shots lately, that seem to have come from other websites, even some users who seem to upload only shots taken from other sites.

I would just like to remind people that this is not how to play the game, we expect everyone to just upload shots that they took themselves from their original DVD. If you steal shots from other sites, it's not only rude to the people who took effort to maintain that site, but also offensive to the people on our game who do take the time to watch movies and pick out the best snaps from them.
    • CommentAuthorfabster
    I don't really understand why anyone would even consider uploading shots that they took from other sites. Those are really, really random most of the time.
    • CommentAuthorRDPL55
    Taking shots from other sites is cheating of course but it mostly shows the lack of imagination and personality of the person who do it...
    • CommentAuthorBernieLomax
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2011 edited
    This still http://whatthemovie.com/shot/80209 represents a perfect example of what you're talking about.

Labeled www.hdwarez.com in the bottom right corner.
    • CommentAuthorWinterwolf
    @fabster

random nice? not really, sometimes people get many accepted with this stolen shots from other internet sides. Some days before a fellow of me and me talked about that theme and he give me that link: http://filmgrab.wordpress.com/movies-a-z/

Many of this shots are uploaded here lately (many of them with rapid movement speed, plane flying, people running etc) and they are 100% the same as on the page and about 5-6 shots uploaded from the side in about 1 week (maybe more, i can't solved them all). The rate of accepts was quite good, and the shots are not bad in my eyes.

At least 2 people stolen many shots from the page (maybe much more - found only 2 significant shots and found then the uploader here and around this shot i found 4-5 more other duplicats)
    • CommentAuthorquitproquo
    are we talking about new players or ones who should know what wtm is about? I think it is one thing if someone is new and doesn't know how things are working here. But if older players do it too,well then it should not be accepted of course.
    • CommentAuthorMisterZob
    We're talking about "old" players. And don't worry, some banning is on its way.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    For new players, we shouldn't encourage this behavior either, of course. But you are right, there a friendly shout explaining stuff should be enough. But many people should know better...
    • CommentAuthorElinka
    This is really aweful. I think the whole experience is to actually see the movie and try to take the snap yourself.
    It can be, also, pretty hard to prove that you didn't take your snap from somewhere on the interwebs and vice versa.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    It can be difficult, indeed. But when at least 9 out of 10 shots of somebody's last shots are also present on a specific website, even the same frame, that gives some hints.
    • CommentAuthorDadida
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2011 edited
    @Winterwolf : LOL: I just found 2 stills from that site here on WTM.

All: see filmgrab.wordpress.com/movies-a-z/
    The site is titled "Beautiful Stills from Beautiful Films"

The more prople know about this site, the less interesting it is to upload stills from that site, I hope...

But I think mainly this tipoc is a compliment to everybody that works their asses off to make their own screen captures :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2011
    I totally agree on that :) Well done, everybody, keep it on!
    • CommentAuthorboneng
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2011
    I'm quite new to WTM (is 3 month still consider as new? :) but i never and never will upload stills that i didnt took myself.. it's just wrong...
    i hope nobody is doing that