Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorGregh
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2011
    Hi guys,

Just had an idea that would give uploaders a bit more control over the secrecy of their shots...

Sometimes I see snapshot comments that contain spoilers, even when the comment itself has not been hidden from non-solvers. It would be handy if I was able to mark comments as 'spoiler' if I feel that they reveal too much information about my snapshot. Currently if I have a problem with this I have to get in touch with a moderator - this can be time consuming and may not even be resolved at all.

Obviously you would only be able to add/remove the 'spoiler' tag for your own snapshots. And perhaps restrict this feature to users who are "Boom Operator" or above (or similar)

Any thoughts?
  1.  permalink
    Not a bad idea...Usually I don't have problems with shouting but once in a while someone forgets to put a spoiler so this would be a handy feature...
    • CommentAuthorWinterwolf
    sometimes i seen messages on other shots i think it should have a spoiler. Maybe kinoute can code something, like lower players can spoiler shouts on his own shots and higher ranked players can spoiler message on all shots - that will be needful. If you have to look for a mod, maybe for several hours many people have a big hint
    • CommentAuthorlukablurr
    kind of funny idea, Gregh, considering that you actually asked for a hint on #196009
    • CommentAuthorGregh
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2011 edited
    @lukablurr I did spoiler my comment though :P Plus I was really only looking for a yes or no, "hot" or "cold" kinda response. Boolean response, if you may!
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2011 edited
    Well, imo, that's not a bad idea, i'd love to see more people involve in little moderation tasks like this but, is this one really needed ?

Also i have a question, can you delete Scruffy shouts on your own profile ? I don't remember if i made it possible or if Scruffy shouts can't be deleted like mine or those from Zob & Asmodai.

Cheers
    • CommentAuthorElinka
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2011
    Scruffy's shouts can be deleted..
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    thx
    • CommentAuthorGregh
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2011 edited
    @kinoute this problem is more apparent during contests I think. On one of my shot someone posted the answer to the 'riddle' unspoilered and I couldn't get it deleted/edited for almost a day - in this time a lot of people saw.

I guess the main reason that it should be user-moderated is because the decision on whether or not a comment is a spoiler is probably best known only by the creator of the snapshot; neither solvers nor mods would get it right all the time. It would lift some weight off your shoulders at least - apart from the initial coding to implement the feature of course! Stick it on the to-do list or something :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorefji
    Much ado about (almost) nothing.
    I like the tricky spoilers very much, especially in the tags.
    For example I love looking at a tag "yellow+blue" on a "Green lantern" shot where the tag "green" is forbidden :)
    It's part of the game. WTF if a few more players are solving the shot.
    • CommentAuthorGregh
    efji This suggestion would just provide the option for users to deal with full blown giveaway spoilers on their own shots without having to consult a mod. I too don't have a problem with "tricky spoilers"
    • CommentAuthorPzy
    Should be available imo.