Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1.  permalink
    Hasn't it been a month?
    Time to see your picture LePapo !!
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2012 edited
    i've taken a snapshot minutes before deploying my code, i'm not gonna post it here because i don't want to start a discussion about who were using GI etc but here are some informations i can say looking by the actual HoF and the old one :

Before my code, you needed at least 61% of solves to get in the HoF (20th place), now you only need.. 42%. Half of the actual HoF is now under 61% (10th place : 55,7%).
    I compared the average of solves and guesses per day (with no error or maintenance) before and after my code : the average of solves literally decreased where the average of guesses increased a lot.

/discuss
  2.  permalink
    @kinoute
    What do you mean by "guesses" and "solves" exactly ?
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2012
    solves : number of valid solves (NS/FF), when somebody finds the title of the shot.
    guesses : the number of tries on a shot to find the title.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCHILI
    i noticed a big change just looking at my own HoF position.
    so i bet the pictures of the old HoF show a huge difference to the current HoF.

my explanation: the code works pretty well because most people don't seem to like having to do much more than one click
  3.  permalink
    Then it's definitely a win ! Good job kinoute :)
    • CommentAuthorfabster
    I've never even been aware of this glitch. I do, however, use IMDB and standard Google search a LOT, especially in the Vault.
    • CommentAuthorWinterwolf
    i am surprised about the changing, but why is it that worse? Are people now bored to use GI in 10 sec instead of 2 sec durance per shot - or they are just bored to play the game (or spending much time to solve tricky shots), because there are cheaters everywhere around? I am now just solving very simple shots, i am to lazy to think much about shots, at the moment its just wasted time for me. I am pretty sure about 4+ players of the current top 10 are still using GI.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    Don't forget the "sharing solution between players" cheat, i think its now the big problem but on this one, i don't see what we can do except create a groups/teams feature which i'd be very happy to code this summer if everybody thinks its a cool idea. naut & tliff already thought it was the next thing to do 2 years ago : http://forum.whatthemovie.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=626
  4.  permalink
    Ho yeah, groups and social connections !!
    About cheaters, perhabs there are still many players using GI, but since Kinoute's code, it's taking a lot of time for them, they are definitely losing the few social life they had by now...
    •  
      CommentAuthorZythux
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2012
    Ofcourse it has become a lot harder to use GI, but for me the main reason not to use it anymore is that it's clear now that GI is considered cheating (and no, that wasn't clear before).
  5.  permalink
    @LePaposaure
    i don't think so. 10 Seconds (if antituur is right) is still faster as if you watch the shot closer for details and try in the end about 3-4 movies to get the right answer. The side is often quite slow, thats an advantage for GI User i think. If you really can use GI in 10 seconds (i have no clue how to do it that fast, i tried it 3 times, but need more as 1 minute for one shot), you are definitly faster as at usual solving the shots. I'il be back in some months maybe, but not for now - for now the GI User still dominating the HoF...
    • CommentAuthorKajBorg
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2012
    If I may ask, what do you do when you suspect someone of cheating? I don't want to be a snitch so I'm not gonna throw that into a public place but I also hate cheaters :s
    • CommentAuthorPzy
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2012
    I would say contact the mod team, either on the profile nor beg them to meet you in chat.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2012
    For matters like this indeed chat or ask for a Emil address on profile
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2012
    some users received the dead horse head memo for a week as a final warning. Next step is the solving ban. There will be an announcement soon
    btw KajBorg, if you hate cheaters, don't start to act like them, like a hour ago ;)