Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2012 edited
    So, let's make a topic where everybody can just tell stuff and/or discuss it. Basically, if you want to discuss something non-movie related, or you're happy because you got a raise, sad because your bike has a flat tire or you found this great new beer: shout it out loud!

For me, today I broke my phone. The screen randomly decided to die, while it was in my pocket and I was sitting still. No idea what happened, but it was about time I renewed my contract and got a new phone, so now I ordered a Galaxy S2 (and my parents can't complain that I still had a perfectly good phone ;)). Also, I am really looking forward to saturday: first bat catching of the year for me! I just hope the weather will get a bit better.

What have you guys been up to?
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2012
    Rainy Mood - Rain makes everything better.

http://www.rainymood.com/

A very chilling site for all people who love the sound of rain.

I sometimes let it run in the background surfing WTM and relaxing. Especially when there wasnt any rain for a longer time outside. ;)
    • CommentAuthorKajBorg
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2012 edited
    That's awesome!
    I could sleep to that, nothing's better then hearing it pour on the roof while you're cozy and in bed!
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2012 edited
    Aaaaand back! Unfortunately it was too cold, and only got one pipistrelle before we took down the nets (quite early). :( However, also did some mouse-research this morning and caught a couple, as well as having found tracks of brown rat, beaver, badger and polecat.

Edit: A tree that got attacked by beavers :) (and also a demonstration of the quality my new phone takes pictures with).
    • CommentAuthorpioa
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2012
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2012 edited
    Today I did some bird watching, for a change :) Lot of fun birds, and even managed to see two rare species for the country: the terek sandpiper and the greater sand plover. And a lot of my favorite stilts: The pied avocet, of which I just thinks it looks great.

• CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2012
    The amount of rabies antibodies in my blood was 7.92 last march. This is compared to 14.48 in march 2011.
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2012 edited
    I just got my Bachelor of Arts in Cinema from La Sorbonne (in Paris), so so happy
    • CommentAuthorJohannaP
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2012
    Congratulations! Partytime!
    • CommentAuthorFireball
    Congrats ! Maybe we soon have some shots from a kinoute movie here on WTM. ;)
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    thanks!!

@Fireball not as a director but as a writer, its in good shape ! **teasing**
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2012
    Congratulations! Enjoy the party! The big question is: Do you now have more or less time for WTM :-P
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2012
    i would say more time for the next few months, new updates coming very soon (i hope so)
  1.  permalink
    Congrats Kinoute !
    But please don't start a big screenwriter's carrier too soon, stay in WTM's staff a little bit more ! :)
    • CommentAuthoralex68
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2012
    Congratulations Kinoute! And I agree with the others: I wish you the same success as Billy Wilder, Woody Allen, Charles Brackett, Federico Fellini, Age e Scarpelli, Emeric Pressburger, Jacques Prévert and Jean Aurenche (just to name but a few)... but only if you keep working for WTM too, lol! :)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2012 edited
    This weekend I caught:
    Thursday: 1 brown long-eared bat and 1 greater mouse-eared bat.
    Friday: 11 common pippistrelles and 3 brown long-eared bats.
    Saturday: 13 brown long-eared bats, 5 greater mouse-eared bats, 14 common pippistrelles and 1 natterer's bat.
    Sunday: 16 common pippistrelles, 1 whiskered bat, 1 greater mouse-eared bat and 2 brown long-eared bats.
    Giving a total of 69 bats of 5 different species.

In total, our two groups put 13 transmitters on female bats, of which 9 are still active at the moment and 1 dropped off the same night but was found back (saving money). One of the greater mouse-eared ones went to a known colony, the rest all went to new trees. Some pictures:

If you look closely, you can see a transmitter glued to the back of this second one.

All in all, a major succes for 4 nights of work (even though these were all 12 to 16 hours per day/night and we were working in two teams).

Next to this, I want to share some amazing footage of bats with you. It is a german documentary, but even if you don't understand, the images speak for themselves. They are each about 15 minutes long.
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3:
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2012
    I caught a mouse yesterday.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPhoenix
    omg this is so cute :)
    Was it somewhere on a trip or in your garden?
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    In my parents kitchen.
    • CommentAuthorzippe
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2012
    @Asmodai ,very nice, I like! but you have to shave your ^^ ,bat rousette"in france

pretty, you love nature, bravo !;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorFamilyGuy
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2012 edited
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2012
    Some pictures:

Eptesicus serotinus / Serotine

Pipistrellus pipistrellus / Common pipistrelle

Plecotus austriacus / Grey long-eared bat

Apodemus flavicollis / Yellow-necked mouse
    • CommentAuthorLordMyst
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2012
    can we rename this topic and change it to "Asmodai vs Wild"

:)
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2012 edited
    You can, or you just can post more yourself :)

By the way: these pictures were all taken by my cellphone in dark nights.. I was really amazed by the quality this gives.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2012 edited

Note: All my bats were handled by professionals that are fully vaccinated against rabies. NEVER try to handle a (living or dead) bat yourself. If you encounter a bat, contact an expert. For most countries there are lists to be found on the internet with instructions on how to deal with these situations. If there are any questions, I'm always available to give advice.
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2012 edited

And something cute. A leucistic brown big-eared bat (Plecotus auritus) caught last weekend in the south of the country.
    Picture by René Janssen.
    • CommentAuthorstuken
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2012
    some days ago there has been a bat in our workshop. i opened up the door, it flew out :D
    • CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2012
    Good work!