Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAsmodai
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2012
    Who are, for you, the best actors in the world? And there I don't just mean reading lines, but also presence, grace, style and many other things..

For me, Paul Newman was one of the best people in the world, who seemed to succeed in everything he did. Next to being a great actor, with 1 oscar and 8 nominations (and another one for best film), he was also a winner of several national championships in race car driving, fought in World War 2 (only surviving by not having to join a bottle cause of an ear infection) and directed several movies. Through all this he remained a humble and kind man, as can be seen in the many interview that have been broadcasted (for example with David Letterman or Inside the Actors Studio).
    One great example, for me, in how the man succeeded in seemingly everything, is that he made some salad dressing as a christmas gift to his neighbours. This was appreciated so much, that a company was started to produce the dressing, with all profits of the company going to charity (over 330 million dollars, so far).
    Paul Newman died from cancer in 2008, at 83 years of age. His last acting role was Empire Falls, for which he got a Golden Globe and an Emmy. He kept racing until his 80th year, wih wins in major races going on till 70.

My thee personal favorite performances of Newman, which I really urge you to see, are:
    - Hustler & The Color of Money, where he plays a pool hustler. First being taught the lesson of life, later trying to teach these lessons to someone a lot like his younger self.
    - Cars: One of the last movies Newman did, where he just supplied a voice. Many people think this is one of Pixars worst, but when you take the time to rewatch it and just appreciate the voice-work, it really shows great quality.
    - Cool Hand Luke: where Newman plays a prisoner that refuses to submit to prison life.
    • CommentAuthorJojo1337
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2012
    best male: clint eastwood in unforgiven and gran torino

best female: jodie foster in the silence of the lambs
  1.  permalink
    Best Male : De Niro !
    Best Female : Meryl Streep !
    •  
      CommentAuthorforerunner
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2012
    I think Liam Neeson is my favorite male actor. Colin Firth would be a good second though.
    Don't know about the best female. Meryl Streep is awesome, but Julianne Moore in A Single Man blew my mind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZo0
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2012
    for me, one of the best is christopher walken ,
    i love him in the deer hunter, dead zone ,pulp fiction, true romance,suicide kings, king of new york ,the prophecy, sleepy hollow...
    great actor and good dancer!
    • CommentAuthorpioa
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2012
    I love this videoclip :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfungus
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2012 edited
    Indeed a great dancer and not to forget singer :)