Vanilla is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorStibo
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2013 edited
    Hey there,

it happens once in a while that I cannot solve the movie, though I am 100% sure that the title is correct (and the language entered also exists). Whan can I do about this?
    • CommentAuthorkinoute
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2013
    read your Profile, you have a message.
    • CommentAuthorStibo
    And what makes you think I used Google Image Search?
    • CommentAuthorstuken
    don't know which shot you're talking about but identifing the shown movie doesn't mean that this is the solution. e.g. movies are shown in movies or referenced another way. just some examples "point break" in "hot fuzz" http://whatthemovie.com/shot/10170, "vertigo" in "12 monkeys" http://whatthemovie.com/shot/144100, "ghostbusters" in "zombieland" or "transformers" in "leon" etc pp

edit: i'm not reproaching, no offense meant, just a statement :) google image/tinyeye sucks... you could use the imdb reference search for the movie you guess it is, nobody will blame you for that
    • CommentAuthorStibo
    Well, I have not used any image search and would never do it. I play this game as fair as I can and I still don't know how kinoute assumes I did something like that.
    I know what you mean, stuken, but once in a while it occurs that I enter a suggestion, it doesn't work, and after some hours or the next day it magically is the soluton. ;)

All I want to know at the moment is when I'll be able to guess movies again.
    • CommentAuthorWinterwolf
    damn i thought the "white page problem" is already fixed...

not long time ago you got often a white page instead the next shot etc. or errorgator message. If you entered a movie name and got nothing (no green mark, not red cross) you got the "white page problem" while solving a shot, just one small different thing: you got no white page, you got just nothing, and with bad luck you get an red cross with a correct answer. Maybe you should try to hit "enter" 3 times in a row - i made this during the white page problem was very annoying. If this also not work, you maybe a) written movie wrong b) your solution is not original movie name and this translation is not added on WTM c) its really like stuken said the wrong movie. If you are sure you have the right movie name, then go to www.imdb.com and look for the movie and try original movie name and check for a failure to be sure it happened not point a) or b)

And maybe its usefull if you give us links or shot numbers, then the staff or someone else can check it.
    • CommentAuthorstone
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2013
    Also my solves are blocked. I replied to the message of Kinoute a week ago without having further clarifications from him and his message was lately removed from my profile (why?) but my guesses are still blocked. I finally found and read the phantomatic rules, very hidden in Terms of Service to tell the truth. I can't really understand how image search engines could work within WTM, if I knew it probably my percentage of solving would be better, but I'm not interested to rise in the rankings beacuse I always play fair game so I don't understand on which basis I was suspected to use them. I play basically by myself but sometimes some cinephile friends come to visit me and they help me fill the gaps with some shots I didn't recognize. That was the case the night I was blocked, but my (our) percentage of solving doesn't seem so high to be suspected of unfair playing. Playing with friends is not forbidden, according to the rules, so I ask to be unblocked as soon as possible.
    I hope this is enough to clarify my position.